Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some assistance on picking out a new trailer hitch for a new 2011 Sienna. the Dealer said they will not get them in until Late summer or even Q1 2011; So.... my question is what would be a good aftermarket trailer hitch to get? I have always just paid for a dealer option but for the 2011 Sienna, the XLE model I got has the prep package factory installed, but no receiver hitch???

:ts:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Hidden Hitch on my 2008 Sienna. One word of caution is that the aftermarket may sit lower and therefore have a greater tendency to scrape.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I have an AM hitch on my 05. Indeed it is low. By itself it does not scrape, but with a loaded stowaway, the wheels often scrape on sharp inclines. As I understand airbags may be an option to get a little more lift in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Need some assistance on picking out a new trailer hitch for a new 2011 Sienna. the Dealer said they will not get them in until Late summer or even Q1 2011; So.... my question is what would be a good aftermarket trailer hitch to get? I have always just paid for a dealer option but for the 2011 Sienna, the XLE model I got has the prep package factory installed, but no receiver hitch???

:ts:
Sis inlaw got one put on her 2011 at Uhaul. It is at least several inches higher than the AM one on our 05. Not sure if its the hitch or the receiver on the van that is higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts