Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking to buy a new Toyota Tundra Platinum and I am wondering if you guys know of any changes that will be made to the 2011 Tundra's like colors, features, etc. I know its still early in the year but last the 2010 model was available in April. Does anyone know if Toyota will add any new colors like the Chevys Granite Black or Dodges Crystal Black? These colors are like black from far away but have like really nice metallic look to it with little sparkles in the paint so it looks way better than plain black. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, we DO know one of the changes will be a new acclerator pedal. :D

Seriously though, I Googled and didn't find anything. If they are making changes, they're keeping it a secret until something leak out to the public.

I hope they have that same black you're talking about and get rid of the "over-chromed" look all around. Performance wise, it's superb the way it is, but if Toyo engineers can improve, that's even better! Interior design needs work - get rid of the orange LED's, knobs and buttons are kind of cheesy looking, some of the plastic trims are not up to par of the old Toyota quality look-and-feel.

But hey, I still love my Tundra! :tu:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only new thing for 2011 is going to be a new shade of grey. No interior / exterior changes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
maybe they are axing the tundra no more tundra couldnt compete with the big 3 in the full size category so they gave up. They sold what 100k units last year or was it 170k?

·
Registered
916 Posts
maybe they are axing the tundra no more tundra couldnt compete with the big 3 in the full size category so they gave up. They sold what 100k units last year or was it 170k?
Why are you a member of this forum again?

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
Why are you a member of this forum again?
I thought he had a Tundra on order? Seems to be a good reason to be a member of TS...

It wouldn't surprise me to see Toyota scale back Tundra production / ambition. I don't think they will ever the truck market after the latest fiascos. Any of the "on the fence" guys will now have good reason to stick with their domestics.

·
Ford "Scorpion" whisperer...
14,373 Posts
If i may jump in. I've owned a lot of Yotas, including last 2 models Tundra. Now have a '10 RAM HEMI. Still hang in here. Most of the TS members are pretty chill.

Thats a good reason to be here.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Very true statement. I am seeing allot of new F 150'S and Silverados on road and VEEERY FEW TUNDRAS unlike what was going on 2 years ago!

It wouldn't surprise me to see Toyota scale back Tundra production / ambition. I don't think they will ever the truck market after the latest fiascos. Any of the "on the fence" guys will now have good reason to stick with their domestics.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think they just "freshened up" the 2010 with the tail lights, grill, and I don't know what else, so I'd expect that Toyota is planning to let those updates ride for a year or two before rolling out more tweaks - but that's just a guess.

With 2010 being the fourth model year of the redesigned Tundra, I'm sure they have some preliminary concepts for the next redesign - provided they stay in the truck market, which I imagine they will.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I seen a 2011 driving around town here while they were doing their winter testing. They had it all covered up to hide the body lines but I could definetly make out a different exterior body style.

·
Registered
916 Posts
tundras rock....I dont know? why are you?
Maybe its just me, but you seem to do a lot of *****ing and moaning about the Tundra and how much better the Big 3 are than Toyota. If you feel that way, why are you buying one and on this forum? If you don't feel that way, why do the majority of your posts seem to be so negative about the Tundra?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Maybe its just me, but you seem to do a lot of *****ing and moaning about the Tundra and how much better the Big 3 are than Toyota. If you feel that way, why are you buying one and on this forum? If you don't feel that way, why do the majority of your posts seem to be so negative about the Tundra?
maybe because I dont blindly follow a manufacture just because you have a hatred toward the big 3 :rolleyes: Im not negative towards it....just know when to take a stand than follow the bandwagon such as yourself in all your postings:cool: you probably dont believe there is a AIP problem also since you chose to ignore such threads..oh wait you dont even know what a AIP is....

·
Registered
916 Posts
maybe because I dont blindly follow a manufacture just because you have a hatred toward the big 3 :rolleyes: Im not negative towards it....just know when to take a stand than follow the bandwagon such as yourself in all your postings:cool: you probably dont believe there is a AIP problem also since you chose to ignore such threads..oh wait you dont even know what a AIP is....
How do you figure? I used to own a F-150 and loved it. I really like the F-150, but the engine is too much of a dog for me. I wanted to buy a used F250 diesel, but my wife is really against buying a used truck. I was intrigued by the Ram, but to outfit it the way I liked was more expensive. I won't buy a GM because they took bailout money.

I am very happy with my Tundra, but not because of anything written on here, or any commercials. There are things I would change if I could, but I don't sit around and complain about every stupid little thing. What posts of mine are "riding the bandwagon"? I'm not ignoring the AIP thread, it doesn't affect me at this time, so there is nothing for me to contribute. Not too sure, but I think its Air Induction Pump?

Again, maybe its just me, but you sure do seem to whine a lot, at least on this forum. Good talk though, see you out there..............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts