Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have noticed over the last few years that there are 2 spots in the truck box that are really starting to rust through. Just wondering if anyone else has seen, heard or fixed the problem? warranty or recall info?

These 2 spots are located near the rear of the box on the right and left sides. I would say they are between the wheel well and the tail gate close to the sides of the box. This section of box floor does not have the ridge ribs or floor rails. At first it just looked like a little bit of surface rust, but now they are full on bubbles of rust that will need to be addressed sooner then later.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything in the search. Any help or advice would be great.

thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue with my 07 . Box was replaced under warranty weeks before warranty ran out . I was very thankful Toyota took care of the issue but it sounds like a problem they haven’t fixed on newer models . Also the box they replaced is rusting out again so I feel your pain . Sorry I don’t have any advice , let’s hope someone on here has info on how to repair the issue .

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You're probably looking for this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts