1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I researched before I bought my 2010. It seemed like nothing big was going to change... I am glad I didn't want if thats all they are "adding"

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I might trade my '07 for an '11 if they get the AIP problem resolved, if they redesign the dash and eliminate the tunnel gauges, and if I get a good trade. The other thing that bugs me is the black plastic "Bump" on the roof over the passenger seat. It's obviously an antenna of some sort, but it's butt ugly. Every '10 Tundra I have looked at has that growth on the roof. I sent an E-mail to Toyota asking about it and their lame answer is below. That is one reason I didn't get a GM product back in '07 because they all had a crappy looking OnStar antenna on the roof. The are other places to mount that type of antenna. I would rather use my own navigation system anyway, so why force it on me??

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate you taking the time to email us today.

The black “bump” that is located on the roof of the Tundra above the passenger side is an antenna. It is not on all trim levels. The antenna is specifically for the Navigation system which is not a standard feature. If you do not wish to have the antenna you would need to choose a trim level that does not have Navigation.

To view the features and options for each trim level please visit Toyota Tundra Truck - 2010 Features

Thank you again for emailing us your inquiry. Have a great day.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us Toyota Help.

Sincerely,

Taryn Pepper
Toyota Customer Experience

·
Registered
45 Posts
They just fiddled with the already rediculous VSC and put in different headrests. Hopefully I can dump this dinosaur 2010 I have.:ballchain:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Wow, the trollish comments on that website are absolutely ridiculous. Disappointing reflection on pick-up truck lovers.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Toyota's response in incorrect - That antenna is for XM/Sirius (sat radio).... my truck was a base-model without Nav (but with Sat) and I have that antenna.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The trailer sway controller is a pretty nice feature. I wonder if Toyota would be able to reconfigure the computers on earlier models to "add" this feature.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just out of curiosity...if my 07 has VSC and I am towing is that not the same thing. I am no expert but how would the trucks computer know if am towing or not. Even if you put it in tow/haul mode the VSC off light does not come on. With VSC on while towing it should keep the truck in control if the trailer is swaying. I may be all wet, but thats my thought anyways. I think Toyota is just renaming a system they already have to make people happy. I always wondered if Trailer Sway systems on trucks meant you no longer needed to run real sway control systems. I have and always will use my sway controls when towing my TT.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I agree with the raisin Sway control should be done with the hitch so it don't happen not the truck after it happens.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agreed!

I don't want yet another Nanny controlling my truck without my permission.

Learn to setup your trailer properly and drive for the conditions so a nanny controller is never required.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Toyota's response in incorrect - That antenna is for XM/Sirius (sat radio).... my truck was a base-model without Nav (but with Sat) and I have that antenna.
That "growth" might have 2 purposes, XM Satelite Radio and/or Navigation.. Just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts