Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 Sequoia with the rear entertainment option. In the center console there are headphone input jacks (with volume controls). The volume control knobs are missing and I am having a hard time find them. I even called a dealership and they are having a hard time locating a part number for the volume knobs. Does anyone know the part number or where I can find replacement volume knobs for the rear entertainment center?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I doubt you can get just the knobs. Looks like the left and right volume and jack are available but $100 each.

·
Registered
7 Posts
***Reviving***

I also have the same issue with the headphone volume dials on the rear of the front console. I did a little search and found this part number:

PT737-08011-VK

Searching for a photo of this on Google didn't bring anything up, but I have a hunch that this might be it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm missing one as well. I can't find a picture of that part either. I'm pretty sure it's the correct part though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm missing both of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered the knobs from my local Toyota dealership. Will take a week to get here. There are only 40 of these knobs left in the entire country. I was on the phone with the parts manager and he couldn't find a photo or even the exact part number for these little knobs. Taking a chance to see if these are the right knobs.

PT737-08011-VK

Will update in a week or so...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got mine, these are not the correct knobs. These knobs are grey in color and have a conical shape to them. The inside of the knob is too small for the volume stem on the entertainment system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue here, please update us if anyone finds the correct part number. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when my kids lost one of the knobs and I thought "Oh it'll probably cost a $1.50 on Amazon, don't worry..." Now I know why I was uneasy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 2008 Toyota Rear Entertainment On/Off and/or Volume Control knob

Regarding any 2008-2016 Toyota Rear Entertainment On/Off and/or Volume Control knob

This subject On/Off and/or Volume Control Knob, Part Number PT737-08011-VK, DID NOT fit my 2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum's Rear DVD Entertainment System combined on/off & volume control shafts. But I did find a couple of used ones on a 2004 Lexus GX470 Rear Entertainment System at a local auto recycler's wrecking yard.

When searching for replacement knobs, my lesson learned... and subsequent suggestion... is to first request dimensions and photos of the knobs to save everybody a lot of time and expense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was also missing one when I picked up my Sequoia Platinum. Then ordered same part as above poster, and they are completely wrong. Anyway, ended up using a tire valve cap, with same calking to fill it up, then crazy glue to glue it to the metal dial rod. Fits good, stayed on for about a year so far, and looks close enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with a 2014 Sequoia and found that part 86230-45020 is available for a reasonable price on eBay and has the exact same knobs. Still more than I would have wanted to pay for just knobs but better than buying the whole jack enclosure. I know it's been a few months, but posting in case it helps anyone still trying to figure this out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
AcousticBiker

I entered the part number you provided on this for him into eBay and I got a completely different response. The part number shows an entire housing for the entertainment system and not the volume knobs in question. Has anybody found a solution yet?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I believe the op posted that number because the housing has the same knobs. You can get it decently cheap on eBay if you are desperate for a knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue with a 2014 Sequoia and found that part 86230-45020 is available for a reasonable price on eBay and has the exact same knobs. Still more than I would have wanted to pay for just knobs but better than buying the whole jack enclosure. I know it's been a few months, but posting in case it helps anyone still trying to figure this out...
Thank you. I too am missing one of these. Was able to take this number and find a diagram with part numbers.
The part number for the knob itself is #90010-23012. It's $1.43 on most Toyota sites, but of course the shipping will cost more than this little item.
I will confirm when it comes in, if its the same knob as listed...

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts