Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear end on my 2012 Sequoia Platinum is sagging. I'm sure it's related that there is a light on the dash that now flashes all the time and the switch that adjusts the load doesn't work. I didn't buy the Sequoia to pull anything with or haul any heavy loads. I checked with my local mechanic and he says it will cost about $3,000 to replace the shocks because of the air bags. What are my options? I thought about just replacing the back shocks with coil springs. I see that some folks jack their Sequoias up and use an aftermarket air bag, so that may be an option too. Since the Sequoia is basically built on a Tundra frame can I use Tundra parts? Also, since the whole back end of the car is sagging, could it be a leak in the line or a problem with the switch?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Read some of the existing threads, should help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tundra has a solid rear axle, so rear suspension components are not interchangeable with the Sequoia.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
154 Posts
Each wheel has a sensor for the air bag height. That can loosen and change the height at "normal". Check out this video and give an adjustment. If there was a leak, you would know it in the morning if it is dropping overnight. If it is just lower than it used to be, give the adjustment a shot

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently pulled a bone head move during a dead battery jumper event, one result that I know of was the height adjustment light flashing and no height adjustment not working. Since I'd caused sparks at my battery terminal, I instinctively started checking fuses and found a blown fuse in the fusebox under the hood. Replaced the fuse and everything is back to normal.

Short story, you may want to check fuses for the Air suspension, I think it was fuse number 45 which is a 7.5amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts