Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2012 Platinum with the air suspension. It’s high mileage now, and rides like it. I love the vehicle, but would like to get the ride back into better shape. It’s a little rough, and has a very slight lean to it. Also, I’m not sure the air shocks fully work. I can hear the compressor come on, but I don’t really notice a difference in the settings between comfort and sport.

Basically, I have two questions:
1. I’m pretty sure the front struts need replacing. I’ve tried to find the right parts, but the ones I see often point to SR5 or Limited only, or all models without air suspension. Are the struts the same for all models?
2. What’s the best way to check the air suspension? I’d like to see if it needs work.

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I would call your local Toyota Dealership and ask for a service manager. They are usually very helpful answering questions even if you leave a voice mail message to call you back, at least mine does.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Or do some searching on here for existing threads. Seriously though, there's a ton of threads already on this subject and what others have gone through. If you cant find your answer in one of these threads then at least ask your question in one. You will get way better responses from guys that have already gone down those roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts