Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my 2012 Tundra with a 4.6l please.... The other day I started my truck for the first time of the day, and my check engine light came on. The truck seemed to have a slight hesitation at first. I stopped and fueled up and afterwards the truck seemed to run fine. When i got home i connected my OBDII code scanner and got a P0418 code, it actually showed up twice. I cleared the code and all seemed good until a couple days later the same thing happened, except this time I never noticed any hesitation. After the second time i tried to do some research and what i came up with is it could either be one of the Pumps, Valves, or the air induction drivers. I started checking on replacing these parts and they are rather expensive so I Disconnected my hoses and they do not seem to ever have had any moisture or water in them, I also removed the valve on the drivers side, "I believe that is bank one" and it looked good as far as i could tell and I looked at all the electrical connections and they are all clean an appear to be in perfect conditon. I checked both sides of the pump motors to ground and they are not shorted to ground, I also checked the resistance across the pumps motor winding's and it was less than 1 ohm for both. Is their any way of trouble shooting these devices to narrow down which one is causing my issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same code on my 2012 Tundra with 4.6L engine. I took it to the dealer and they quoted me $3362 to repair the secondary air intake system. They didn't do much troubleshooting as they want to replace both pumps, both valves, and both drivers. Disappointed with Toyota engineering. This is a know problem with the Tudras and they have extended the warranties to cover this system up to the 2011 models. Toyota needs to step up and cover the 2012 models as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
No need to replace this. There is a bypass kit available for less than $200 and will get rid of this useless system.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Any chance you could point us in the right direction? I'm having this same issue on my 07. It started 3 months after the 10 year extended warranty ran out. I keep an OBDII scanner with me to clear the code, but it gets old and is inconvenient at times. Would like a permanent fix without spending 3K on a poorly designed part that'll likely go out again

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Many Lexus and Toyotas
874 Posts
For your 07 we can set you up with one of our V36H Bypass Kits. They are currently on sale for 25% off until the Jan. 6th and still include free shipping.

You can find them here: https://hewitt-tech.com/store/
If you need help figuring out what you need give us a call Toll Free!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.