Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on here and googled and keep bouncing around to the same threads and can't really get an answer. The horn on the steering wheel doesn't work, but it works when I hit the panic button. The fuse is good. Radio and bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel work fine. Any other suggestions as to what to check? Could it be the relay? If so is that located under the driver side kick panel, and is it the "integration relay"? Hoping it's not the spiral wire since all the other controls on the steering wheel still work.

Thought I could just go without the horn, but the drivers here are so bad that I catch myself hitting the steering wheel to honk at least once on the way to work and once on the way home. My next move would be throwing pennies out the window at them, but I am pretty sure that might cause some sort of road rage incident that would end up with me on the news. Any help you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Tundra 2011 and have the same problem; I check the fuse and it is ok; the next step was to check the relay and it is ok after testing. I replace the relay anyway and it works for 1 hr approx and it failed after. I removed the relay and I did the test to check that it is ok and the part was ok. However the horn does not work anymore !!!

I'm stucked there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the clock spring.

My thing is that it's just the horn for me. The radio controls, bluetooth, and cruise all still work; the horn is the only thing that doesn't. So I'm wondering if mine is the clock spring since all that other stuff works...or if the clock spring is even tied to those. I don't know where the fuse is to check it. I was told that it's somewhere covered up in the fuse box and isn't any of the fuses that you see when you pop the lid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Tundra 2011 and have the same problem; I check the fuse and it is ok; the next step was to check the relay and it is ok after testing. I replace the relay anyway and it works for 1 hr approx and it failed after. I removed the relay and I did the test to check that it is ok and the part was ok. However the horn does not work anymore !!!

I'm stucked there.
I’m stuck there too....anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts