Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my 2012 Tundra with a 4.6l please.... The other day I started my truck for the first time of the day, and my check engine light came on. The truck seemed to have a slight hesitation at first. I stopped and fueled up and afterwards the truck seemed to run fine.When i got home i connected my OBDII code scanner and got a P0418 code "Secondary Air Injection System Relay A Malfunction", it actually showed up twice. I cleared the code and all seemed good until a couple days later the same thing happened, except this time I never noticed any hesitation.

After the second time i tried too do some research and what i came up with is it could either be one of the Pumps, Valves, or the air induction drivers. I started checking on replacing these parts and they are rather expensive so I Disconnected my hoses and they do not seem to ever have had any moisture or water in them, I also removed the valve on the drivers side, "I believe that is bank one" and it looked good as far as i could tell and I looked at all the electrical connections and they are all clean an appear to be in perfect condition. I checked both sides of the pump motors to ground and they are not shorted to ground, I also checked the resistance across the pumps motor winding's and it was less than 1 ohm for both.

Is their any way of trouble shooting these devices to narrow down which one is causing my issue? Should I go ahead and install the Bypass kit, and if i do will i need to replace the faulty part?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Read through this but more importantly, contact hewitt-tech and buy a byypass kit. Way cheaper than replacing parts that could fail again.

·
Registered
12 Posts

See my recent issue with this.. this is not limited to your 2012 4.6L
I was shocked to find out it is a global Toyota Tundra issue spanning many models and years.
good news I was able to find a friendly dealer that reported this issue is covered up to 150K now, I also had 2 other ones not even return my call..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts