Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need battery for 2013 Higthlander V6. Present one is AGM- Is AGM what came on them? 24f.
Is there any ill effect of having an AGM on a Non AGM car/charger?
AGMs are $200-300.. Lead is $100-150

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Sometimes threads like this start pissing contests with every shade tree mechanic chiming in on whats the right thing to do so nice work starting a war. LOL.
Seriously though, each to his own but I cant be bothered overthinking something as simple as a battery, so the last time I needed to replace one I hit the local Costco, got the one needed for the car and tossed it in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Batteries are very important to me...On our boat, we might be X-miles out in the ocean- we have to have trustworthy batteries. We have bought Y-battery based on price and etc- They let us down.
The Costco battery is Interstate, a good battery, yet a friend who collects cars wont touch them anymore, saying they are no longer reliable. PS- the battery for his Porsche= $400.

On my motorcycle people say Battery -X is wonderful- not for me. Let me down in bad place... I have gone back to Yuasa lead acid- wonderful. They let me know when they are getting weak. Predictable.

One Toyota guy says he has good luck with Toyota batteries...so I now have one..will see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take a look at US Made Odyssey Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) sealed batteries. They have a video on how their batteries are made. Cost is around $300. I've gotten 6-8 years on these in motorcycles and have one in my 04 LeSabre. "Pay for the best; only cry once".

Ralph

·
Registered
993 Posts
I got 11 years out of my original battery in my '07 Tundra. It was a Group 27 battery because I have the cold climate package in my truck. Most Tundras come with the smaller Group 24 battery. So I matched it with another Group 27 battery from Battery and Bulb. I got this one and for the last 4 years it's been great. I am not sure how the charging system on my Tundra would react to a AMG battery and since the last battery lasted 11 years that long enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts