Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might get a little lengthy, but bare with me. Any responses and insight into this issue are welcomed. I bought a new Tundra in March of 2013 with the TSS package installed. The truck looked great with the 20 inch wheels and chrome side bars, but my great feeling of being able to purchase this truck did not last long. At 300 miles, I started to notice the front tires wearing on the outside edges. I checked the air pressure, and it was within specs. At 700 miles, I went to the dealer because the tire wear was was getting much worse, and it was constantly pulling to one side or the other. They said it seemed to be an air pressure issue, and that Toyota recommends too low of an air pressure for these trucks. I was thinking the same thing, but did not think it was air pressure related, because only the outer edge was wearing. Needless to say, it was not the problem. The next step was a front end alignment at 1700 miles. With lack of confidence in the dealer, I went to a shop where my father has worked as a mechanic for over 30 years, and watched as the alignment was done (the alignment was out bad, I am not a fan of the alignment by colors, but the whole screen was red). The technician told me to drive the truck and come back and we would check it again. Every time I drove the truck and came back the alignment numbers were different. It took 6 or 7 times to get the truck to drive straight and correct. The truck drove better than new afterward, and I thought I was good to go now. I was very wrong. At 2700 miles the truck started pulling and destroying the outer edge of the front tires again. I now knew I had a much greater issue going on, so I went back to the dealer. The alignment was out significantly again. They aligned the front end, and the truck drove better than before, but not as good as when the other shop aligned it. I was back at the dealer for the same issues again, and they aligned the truck again and replaced the front tires at 3600 miles, because they were destroyed. The dealer has done 4 more alignments on the truck since, and even called in a Toyota inspector/technician to look over the truck. They found an alignment cam bolt that would not tighten properly. I did think this was the problem, because they previously put paint marks on all the bolts to see what was moving and I have pictures that these bolts have not moved, but I was willing to be optimistic. The new tires are now worn excessively at 6700 miles, and the cam bolt was apparently not the problem. Sorry to be so lengthy, but I have read about other Tundra owners having similar issues. I am trying to find out if the issues have been corrected, and how. I am tired of owning a "new" truck that will not stay in alignment.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts