Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

ford goes for the 6.2 with 410 hp:cool:

so whats your thoughts on the 2014 TUNDRA?? :D i know we dont know anything about it but what are you guesses ?:rolleyes:

I hope that engine is a beast just like the 5.7 and more important it beats the 6.2:devil:

·
Registered
756 Posts
My guess would be some fine tuning and direct injection with a total of 425 hp and 460 lb tq.

or

Direct injection only with the same HP as now but with a focus on better MPG.

or

No Changes

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess would be some fine tuning and direct injection with a total of 425 hp and 460 lb tq.

or

Direct injection only with the same HP as now but with a focus on better MPG.

or

No Changes
thanks for replying, but " no changes" i think thats impossible .

I really hope we see a new engine and my guess would be 7.5L 803 hp without any modification :p just imagine thats true:D:D hahaha jks

·
Registered
252 Posts
thanks for replying, but " no changes" i think thats impossible .

I really hope we see a new engine and my guess would be 7.5L 803 hp without any modification :p just imagine thats true:D:D hahaha jks
Haha! That would be bad ass! I could just imagine what the output would be after adding a TRD supercharger.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey guys,

ford goes for the 6.2 with 410 hp:cool:

so whats your thoughts on the 2014 TUNDRA?? :D i know we dont know anything about it but what are you guesses ?:rolleyes:

I hope that engine is a beast just like the 5.7 and more important it beats the 6.2:devil:
They would make a big impression and boost sales with there 2nd gen.Hilux diesel engines. They are one bad as engine

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
yea but truck have weight and bugatti's float in comparison. But a 7.4L big block engine making 750 hp and 680+ lb.-ft of torque and who needs fuel injection or fuel economy. hahahahaha that thing would be crazy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
as a toyota dealer you would think i would have some inside info but alas,i don't.in the 23 years i've been with toyota the one thing you can't do is logically predict what they will do.the 5.7 V8 is the biggest engine in our fleet so i don't think a brand new engine will happen.i think they they will tweak it to bring it close to if not just above 400 hp but i think the biggest goal will be to improve the MPG.I will keep everyone posted after i meet with some of the toyota engineers in may.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I like to daydream like the next guy, but there is a certain reality out there. Gas prices are in turmoil and Ford's 1/2 ton sales and EPA figures lead the pack--especially with their 3.5L Eco-Boost. I know there's a lotta buzz about the Eco-Boost's mileage not faring any better than the 5.7, but the fact remains it did earn 16/22 EPA numbers vs. the 5.7's 14/18. That's a very strong (and cost-free) marketing tool for Ford and works very well attacting the average consumer. If Toyota doesn't shake things up in terms of competing with the Eco-Boost they may see their 1/2 ton market share drop even more. Gen 2 Tundra sales have dropped steadily since 2007 and are 1/2 what they were in 2007.

I have high hopes for the Gen 3 Tundra. My plan is to buy a new Gen 3 in 2016 after they've had some time to polish it.

Maybe sooner if they come out with a 425hp, 450 ft. lb., twin-turbo, 4.0L, V6 with 18/25 EPA numbers :beavbutt:

P.S. Maybe a Tundra hybrid in 2014?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
as a toyota dealer you would think i would have some inside info but alas,i don't.in the 23 years i've been with toyota the one thing you can't do is logically predict what they will do.the 5.7 V8 is the biggest engine in our fleet so i don't think a brand new engine will happen.i think they they will tweak it to bring it close to if not just above 400 hp but i think the biggest goal will be to improve the MPG.I will keep everyone posted after i meet with some of the toyota engineers in may.
This cat speaks allot of truth....
With the data that they have now acquired by honoring a SC warranty.... I think they now know what they can expect out of their 5.7l engine.... as well as their drivetrain....
Not to say that we posed as lab-rats or anything(there is some engineering behind it).... But I think they know where to go from here...

I don't expect a diesel anytime soon.... at least not in this class of truck...

I think they will stay in this class.... and do what truck manufacturers have been doing all along... competing for best in class.... payload... towing...HP/TQ...and MPG....
As well as offering more packages to fit the need.....

·
Registered
544 Posts
I spoke to someone and he said Toyota is talking to diesel companies.. definitely a redesigned truck... might be here at the end of 13 early 14. All speculation I think. I'd expect maybe an 8 speed, fully boxed frame, and DI Technology. 50/50 on the diesel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I spoke to someone and he said Toyota is talking to diesel companies.. definitely a redesigned truck... might be here at the end of 13 early 14. All speculation I think. I'd expect maybe an 8 speed, fully boxed frame, and DI Technology. 50/50 on the diesel.
They were talking this nonsense back in 07 when i bought mine. At that time it was with Cat.Now Ford has them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They were talking this nonsense back in 07 when i bought mine. At that time it was with Cat.Now Ford has them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts