Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, we have a 2014 Sequoia Platinum. We bought it used a year ago with 90k miles. Last weekend we were at a store and the kids had the TV turned on with the ignition in the on position. It was on probably 15-20 minutes. I come out of store the truck won’t start. I called AAA and they came and as soon as they put cables on the battery it fired up. So not knowing how old the battery is I replaced it with a new Diehard Platinum.

Tonight we stopped at the convenience store and got food. We sat in truck eating it so I had the interior lights on and I didn’t realize it but the key was turned to on position so the auto headlights were on also probably. Barry 15 minutes on a brand new battery and it just barely started. To me that doesn’t seem normal for that little bit of time. What do Y’all think? Also as far as electrical itis completely stock. No aftermarket lights or anything added. Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you do drive the vehicle, how long is the vehicle running? If you only drive short distances this does not allow ample time for the battery to recharge. Therefore, even a new battery will seemingly drain quickly if you do the short trips frequently.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you do drive the vehicle, how long is the vehicle running? If you only drive short distances this does not allow ample time for the battery to recharge. Therefore, even a new battery will seemingly drain quickly if you do the short trips frequently.
Most cases it is running a half hour or so. Over the weekend we were up the mountains for 4 days. Which is 4 hours each way. Plus driving around up there a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would check the alternator as well. It could be the case the alternator is going and is not charging as quickly. I have read about cases where a bad/failing alternator can cause issues when the vehicle is not running as well.

·
Registered
14’ Sequoia Limited
270 Posts
Yep, I would check out the alternator. What's your battery gauge show when the truck is running???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts