Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2014 Crewmax 4x4! Had to purchase from a dealership 1600 miles away to find a non FFV 4x4! Also bought the TRD supercharger to be installed by my local dealer. Any news when the ECM flash will be available? Just going to let it hang out at the dealer until it's ready.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Damn. Good snag. I couldn't locate a 13 that wasn't FFV. Gulf States Distributor blows monkey balls that way.
I agree totally! My Dad actually works for them and I still can't stand them. I had to get my truck from across the country because they "wouldn't get one in that configuration for another six months to a year". I told them that if they wanted to sell me a truck, they would have to get the one I wanted so they made a deal with another dealership to swap trucks with the same value.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just purchased a 2014 Crewmax 4x4! Had to purchase from a dealership 1600 miles away to find a non FFV 4x4! Also bought the TRD supercharger to be installed by my local dealer. Any news when the ECM flash will be available? Just going to let it hang out at the dealer until it's ready.
You might be waiting a long time. TRD said it had no immediate plans to do the supercharger on the 2014. No part number for a fitment kit.

Would love to find out differently. As I want one as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With drivetrain carry over from 13, it seems to me that only the ECM flash would be needed. My local dealer told me it should not be a long wait. I have not wired any money yet---so still have a way out! No supercharger, no deal!

·
Registered
19 Posts
With drivetrain carry over from 13, it seems to me that only the ECM flash would be needed. My local dealer told me it should not be a long wait. I have not wired any money yet---so still have a way out! No supercharger, no deal!
Nope, the Airbox is different, and regardless, if Toyota dealers do not have a 2014 Part number for the fitment kit they will not install it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Isn't the air box removed and replaced anyway?
Not really... previous airboxes were just modified with the TRD SC kit... It retained the stock box/location...
I'm only assuming that with the 2014, they redesigned the airbox to hopefully rid of the AIP failures????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts