Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2014 with 125k miles and it recently put up codes. I don’t have access to much without going to a actual shop and wanted to see if anyone knows the problem before I go spend money. I have a check engine light and traction control is off. When I used the free scanner at autozone it gave me the P0172 and P0175 code. Truck runs smooth except when I first start it. It’s like the truck is looking for the right fuel to air mixture for a few seconds so it will start up and the rpm will go around the 150-500 range then jump up to 1000 and work it’s way down to 750 then she works like she’s supposed to. Keep in mind all this happens in about 5-6 seconds. I don’t smell any gas around the truck at all and have used sea foam to hopefully clean the injectors. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Welcome to the site Nick. Just type in P0172 in the search box and hit enter. Lots of existing threads on this subject and common consensus seems to be start with the small DIY stuff first and go from there. And 02 sensors are a wear item that seem to last around 100k, so if any of the low hanging fruit doesnt do the trick for you that might be something to look at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts