Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lent our son our truck - he connected to bluetooth- now it is greyed out and can't do anything. Tried removing it from the phone- now we can't find it at all. Tried disconnecting battery, removing fuse, turning the key and holding the setup button while turning lights on/off 3x's and holding init button and selecting yes. Looked for a software update/nothing. Toyota is going to charge us $125 just to look at it. I would like to just fix it myself if I can.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dont even really understand what you are saying?

Did your son get his phone to connect to the radio bluetooth at all?
If so can he still connect?
Are you having trouble connecting now with a phone that has connected before?
Do you realize that you need to have the truck running but in Park in order to setup the Bluetooth?

If you can answer each of these things in order it will be a lot easier to try to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes he was able to connect- but now none of us can connect. The phone and Bluetooth are greyed out now. All of our phones were previously connected and now our phones do not even pick up the tundra’s radio. Yes- I do realize the car needs to be on park. That doesn’t make a difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So are you able to select the BT setup screen even to try to re-pair with phones?

It is probably in Setup-phone-bluetooth-pair a phone

or something similar.

The radios that are in these should be similar but not identical so it is tough to know exactly what you might be seeing but if you can not get it to go into setting up a new phone maybe you can delete and start over if there is that option?

Otherwise I would suggest going to a dealer or car stereo store or finding anyone that you can who does this sort of thing all the time and I bet in a few minutes they can figure it out.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Try using voice commands to enter setup and turning on bluetooth.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the above advice can't get it working stop by a car stereo shop as suggested. They are usually a lot cheaper and my experience was that they handled my situation for no-charge... Chap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts