Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm having alot of trouble figuring out how to lift my tundra trd pro. I've called alot of local truck shops and most everyone says they just can't help me. I know my truck comes 2" higher in the front over a stock tundra. My main goal I'm trying to achieve is a additional 2" of ride height in the front for a grand total of 4" of total lift in the front. I really want to do this the best and correct way and I think I'm messing up. I just bought a spacer kit from Toytec, they said thier still in testing but won't be doing alot for the PRO truck because they are not making a lot of them. So I just had installed by a reputable truck shop a 7/8 top plate spacer that gave me about a 1" 1/2" of front lift along with diff drop spacers and bump stop spacers, the rear is a 1" 1/2" block. Problem is I had that lift on for one day and the remote reservoir is hitting my CV boot, tore it and now grease is flying out everywhere. I need HELP. I'd really like to keep the PRO Suspension but if not I'll get new struts. If I get new struts can I keep my stock TRD springs? Can I can a full 4" of lift in the front with that set up? If so what do you recommend? Or do I need to buy all new front coilovers and if so what's the best way to get a full 4" front lift and have a factory GOOD riding tundra? I'm new on here guys so thanks in advance.

Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've actually been having a similar issue. Has anyone figured out a solution yet? It would be great to have all these features at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The suspension on the TRD PRO is the reason I didn't buy it. I have a 07 with the toytec ultimate lift and I can fit 35" by 12.5" tires under it but just barely. With the pro only having 2.5 instead of 3.5 like the ultimate from toytec I decided to just get a Sr5 and clone it into a pro with a higher lift. I would think you could do it with blocks but the toytec I have on my 07 did come with drops for certain components to keep factory angles. I would call toytec and get front and rear blocks and then see if they will sell you all the drop components from the ultimate package without the springs and shocks. Sounds like you already have the blocks so you just need that drop kit I'd say it will fix your interference issue.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi guys, I'm having alot of trouble figuring out how to lift my tundra trd pro. I've called alot of local truck shops and most everyone says they just can't help me. I know my truck comes 2" higher in the front over a stock tundra. My main goal I'm trying to achieve is a additional 2" of ride height in the front for a grand total of 4" of total lift in the front. I really want to do this the best and correct way and I think I'm messing up. I just bought a spacer kit from Toytec, they said thier still in testing but won't be doing alot for the PRO truck because they are not making a lot of them. So I just had installed by a reputable truck shop a 7/8 top plate spacer that gave me about a 1" 1/2" of front lift along with diff drop spacers and bump stop spacers, the rear is a 1" 1/2" block. Problem is I had that lift on for one day and the remote reservoir is hitting my CV boot, tore it and now grease is flying out everywhere. I need HELP. I'd really like to keep the PRO Suspension but if not I'll get new struts. If I get new struts can I keep my stock TRD springs? Can I can a full 4" of lift in the front with that set up? If so what do you recommend? Or do I need to buy all new front coilovers and if so what's the best way to get a full 4" front lift and have a factory GOOD riding tundra? I'm new on here guys so thanks in advance.

Josh
I would try coach builder front shims and rear shackles, just search for coachbuilder shackles, and it should pop up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts