Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19 Tundra is having the headunit reboot problem I’ve seen discussed before for the past 6 years! This truck has 6000 miles and ever since I did my iPhones latest update 13.1.3 and when the phone is Bluetooth connected, it does the reboot bull Crap! Disconnect Bluetooth and it’s fine. Had it at the dealer today and they did a software update. Well it didn’t work. I went right back in and they said that Toyota needs to catch up with Apples updates and there’s not much else they can do until then. They will be in contact with me. This is a real bummer!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe this will help someone in the future. I tried my wife's iphone 8, same phone as mine, same updates. I just have a lot more apps then her. Her phone worked perfect, no head unit reboot. When I connect my phone.....reboots every 60 seconds. So I did a icloud backup of my phone and restored it to factory. So far so good, no reboot! If I don't come back on here to comment, you can be sure its still working. There must have been a setting or an app that didn't like the Entune causing the reboot. We will see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I’m back! And I shouldn’t be! Why the hell is this doing this? I’m trying one last thing then it’s going to the dealer! I will try deleting all my apps and doing a factory reset to new. And not downloading the entunes app. These reboots have been haunting Toyota since like 2014 from what I’ve read online. Man I’m pissed! $45,000.00 for a truck that the head unit keeps rebooting? I thought the Japanese were the leaders in electronics?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 19 Tundra is having the headunit reboot problem I’ve seen discussed before for the past 6 years! This truck has 6000 miles and ever since I did my iPhones latest update 13.1.3 and when the phone is Bluetooth connected, it does the reboot bull Crap! Disconnect Bluetooth and it’s fine. Had it at the dealer today and they did a software update. Well it didn’t work. I went right back in and they said that Toyota needs to catch up with Apples updates and there’s not much else they can do until then. They will be in contact with me. This is a real bummer!
I also have a 2019 Tundra 1794, with 19,000 miles on it. Yesterday, I drove about 100 miles and my infotainment system rebooted at least 2 dozen times. I have this awful feeling that it won't get fixed until it completely fails.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got the same issue. Just reared it’s head in the last month. Bluetooth connected to iPhone, reboots about every 30 seconds. Disable bluetooth on my phone, works fine. Can’t get the dealer cuz...corona. Wondering if system update will work, but not optimistic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts