Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering trading up from my 2010 Crew Max to a 2020 TRD Sport. Mine is a 2WD, SR5 so this would be a pretty big upgrade for me. I have to say though, that it will be a sad day to see it go, I bought Mine right off the show room floor and it has been the best truck I’ve ever owned.

Anyways, I’m looking for upgrade suggestions on what to have them do right away. I am considering getting the exhaust upgrade to the TRD duals and maybe switching out the grill. Spray in bed liner is a must as well. I can do window tint, step bars etc after the fact. Would you guys recommend the exhaust upgrade right away from the dealer or no? Also thinking about upgrading the suspension but not sure if that’s a now or later kind of thing.

I would love some suggestions on what you guys think I should get done with this deal, or what I should wait on. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Up to you but usually you pay more at the dealer for just about any options, especially if you pay them to install stuff you can do yourself. If I did another exhaust on my truck I would get a BAM system. TRD isnt a bad system, I just think you can get better for less.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, I was thinking get a head start on some of the upgrades, and I appreciate your suggestion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you can get them to throw the exhaust upgrade in as part of the sale, I would. I pitted two Harley dealers against each other when one quoted me cost of my 2018 Ultra Limited with after market pipes, the dealer I wanted my bike from due to color, I showed the other dealers email to me with price.. boom got a good price and new pipes, I just had to pay for the turner for the dyno tune, but that would have happened when I added later anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts