Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the so called trigger back in October and picked up a 2020 Tundra Crew max Platinum, as my buddy said nice limo! Well I have bee doing a few changes to it soon as I picked it up. First was a Spod to control all of the off road lights and accessories I will be adding like Baja Design LP9 lights, Warn M12000 winch, Air compressor and a few other items.

So Far the build is coming along very nicely, First I started with a Iron Bull Bumper with 4" cut out for more lights and holes for the trucks sensors. Next I mounted a Warn M12ooo winch with rollers. Next was a pair of LP9 Baja Design off road light. Mounted a Anderson connector front and back for 12 volts to jump start if needed and to run other options on my off road trailer 4 Ga wire. Next I mounted the air fittings as we like to lower the air pressure in the tires for 4 wheeling so you need a way to air them back up. The compressor is the Extreme duty Extreme air compressor 150 psi in a very short time along with a 2 gallon air tank 4 ga wire as well with a 80 amp resettable breaker. The compressor mounted right behind the spare tire in a nice snug spot and up out of the way from rock and other crap. and the same with the air tank, Pictures to follow.
The Spod switched mounted very nice in the spot for sunglasses and I ran the cable which is pretty small along the head liner through the fire wall and to the control panel on top of the fuse box. Ran the main wires to the battery and done. It's a really nice system for sure.

Next I am looking into lifts and tires so stay tuned for more mods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LP9 lights do not come with light covers, so I made a pattern, placed the cut out Lexan over the lights and used a head gun and slowly heated the Lexan till it bend over the lights.. I let it cool and cut notches in the sides for the Velcro and painted them black and done. In Calif they are required to be covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts