Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone on the Tundra forums!
This is my first-ever post, so I hope I'm in the right place. If I'm not then please point me in the right direction! Also, please remember that I'm 19(almost 20) years old, so I'm still trying my best to learn about Tundras and trucks in general!
Anyways, my question and the reason for me making this post is that I'm wondering which is better, the 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro or the new 2023 Toyota Tundra Hybrid TRD Pro? I'm wanting to buy a new Tundra next summer when I get out of college and get a real job so I'm just curious as to which one is better. Should I get 2021 which was the last of the tried and tested 2nd gen or 2023 which is the new 3rd generation? I've heard that the 2nd gen could be a lot more reliable than the 3rd but at the same time, the 3rd has a lot of new cool features and improvements over the 2nd. I need some help deciding! Thank you to anyone who may see this and gives me some good advice to help me!

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Welcome to the site.
At the end of the day you have to buy what works best for you, but if I were in your shoes I would go for the 2021. Reason is simple. It has a proven track record so you know what you will be getting into. Plus being a used vehicle, hopefully by 2023, inventories will have stabilized and prices for used stuff will have come down.
Drive it for a year or two after that, if you dont like it, trade up. And by that time the latest gen's reliability will become more clear. And who knows how many more features they may have on new vehicles by then.

Reactions: Willopedia1205

· Premium Member
1,369 Posts
my advice is don't spend that much on a truck right after you just start your first job. that newer TRD pro will cost you 70K

· Premium Member
515 Posts
2021 all the way. I‘m in a 2021 DC limited. I’m converting it to a TRD Pro a little at a time. Skid plate, TRD PRO suspension so far. I’m still considering the TRD Dual exhaust. I had it on an 2007 Tundra and the quiet ride is nice. I prefer a V8 to a high compression V6. Mileage is not too bad for what it is. Mine is Barcelona Red. That color is obsolete for Tundras now. I’ll finish by changing out the grill and hood bulge for color matched TRD Pro and the bumper end caps for color matched, and I’m pretty much done. $38,000 for the truck and $4500 for parts is way better than paying for a TRD Pro IMHO.
New grad with a new job… you will want to save your $ for gas and insurance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts