Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a set of 24's on my Crewmax. The overall diameter is about the same, the only major change was going from a 275 to a 305 series tire. The ride is great on the highway and regular streets. The original plan was to put a 2/4 drop on it for it to have a sporty but still usable look to it, let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Nice look! Love the black wheels on your BLUE! Buy those from the classifieds? If so, it was a great deal. I say lower it! Is your truck a 4X2 or 4X4?

I plan to lower mine with 22s. My BEAST is a 4X2 and I have some performance mods so I am for sure lowering it, but plan to keep the raked look slightly to keep the sporty stance. I plan to do a 2-4/5 drop; the 4-6 is bit too much for what I want.

I stated in another lowering thread that I have some issues to resolve first though:
What lowering kits allow for the Borla Dual Exhaust Straight out the back?
What lowering kits allow for the TRD Rear Sway Bar to be reattached?
Best kit and best price to get kit?
Intall yourself or have someone install it?

I sure would like to see this thread include pics from other members with LOWERED CREWMAXES! I attached a Photoshop job of my truck lowered level, but I would like it to still have a little rake to it for that sporty stance........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its a 4x2, I like the sporty look as well, the 2/4-5 drop is probably perfect. The crewmax is a big truck, 22s on a chevy truck fit, but imo the 24 was the perfect size for the Tundra. That photoshop does look pretty good, its all about the look of the wheel to make the stance look right.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't really have an opinion on lowering it or not, but it would look awesome with some color matched door handles!! Looking good

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Yeah its a 4x2, I like the sporty look as well, the 2/4-5 drop is probably perfect. The crewmax is a big truck, 22s on a chevy truck fit, but imo the 24 was the perfect size for the Tundra. That photoshop does look pretty good, its all about the look of the wheel to make the stance look right.
Yeah, you are right about the 22s-24s on the trucks. Pics don't do the wheels justice until you see them up close to see how big they really are because our Crewmax trucks are so monstrous. I think they will look bigger when the truck is lowered to cover up the gaps between the tires and wheel wells..........

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree, normally I like the lifted look (but had a truck with full air suspension before this truck that laid frame). I also think a drop would look killer with those rims.

Did you sell your old rims or still have them by chance? :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think it would look good lowered. I love the blue. A 2/4 the truck is still pretty much useable as a truck 4/6 is more for a ride around in truck. I use my for both but I would loved to drop my a little more but I use it to much.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Lowering won't harm. But I like how it looks now and would leave it the way it is.
Agree that color matching the wheels would be nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I say lower it. i just put 24's on my double cab and the rear wheel gap is huge! Ill be lowering mine as soon as I save $$ and choose an appropriate kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually do have the stock wheels still, the 20" limited wheels with tpms. I need to get those puppies on here to sell. I think I will go with the 2/4 drop so I can still tow my boat without any issues.

I cant decide if color matching the wheels would be too much blue. Maybe leave the center gunmetal and paint the lip body color? Man spending money on this truck is a drug!!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I actually do have the stock wheels still, the 20" limited wheels with tpms. I need to get those puppies on here to sell. I think I will go with the 2/4 drop so I can still tow my boat without any issues.

I cant decide if color matching the wheels would be too much blue. Maybe leave the center gunmetal and paint the lip body color? Man spending money on this truck is a drug!!

Your mirrors and handles are black, tint is dark, and wheels have black and chrome so go with the smoked taillights and headlights (BHLM if you don't want to smoke the heads). When you lower it, you will have one of the BADDEST BEASTS on here.

What size tires are those?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The tires are 305-35-R24s. I love the ride, I wondered if it would start to ride rough but it rides as good as the 20s did. Does take a corner much better now!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The tires are 305-35-R24s. I love the ride, I wondered if it would start to ride rough but it rides as good as the 20s did. Does take a corner much better now!
How much room is there for the tires when you turn? Would there be enough room to go with more meat (higher profile)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With a drop their wouldn't be enough room but if I left it how it is now then a bigger tire would be no problem.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Thanks! I like my 305/45/22's profile so I guess I will stay with the 22s and not think about 24s.

I CAN'T WAIT TO DROP THIS BEAST!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Empire...tell me 'bout them wheels.
24" Gianna Blitz with black inserts, Nexen roadian tires 305/35R24. They stick out a lil on each side since theyre so wide. if you want more pics let me know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts