Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the 22" rims shown as an option in the accessories category on the toyota.com website?Is the 22" available on the special sports appearance package rim?

·
Banned
159 Posts
There are no trucks that offer 22" wheels as standard equipment.

IMO trucks should have no larger than 18" wheels. Big rubber is more functional than a big wheel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think he is asking about the option.

As far as I know the TRD 22" wheels have a list price of $4,500. :eek:

That's probably why nobody here seems to have them. I know there was a Tundra equipped with 22" wheels at SEMA, but I do not know for sure what brand they were.

I also think SOS performance is working on a street Tundra concept that will have 22" wheels. I do not have any more details on this. :(

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The other day i was over at the dealer and saw a 2wd reg cab 5.7 with black 22's. It didn't look that bad. It would be a cool street truck and a rocket too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
here is some info on the TRD 22's
Tundra 22" Wheel, TRD,
[PTR38-34070] $630.00

TRD 22"x 9" Polished 5-Spoke Forged Alloy Wheel with titanium (color) paint fill in pocket and hub area. TRD Forged Wheels have a high strength to weight ratio which keeps the corner weight down. These wheels also feature a Forged Center Cap sporting the TRD Logo. Each wheel kit includes cap and Spline Drive Lug Nuts (with installation tool). Recommended Tire Size:285/45 22" TRD Wheel Locks available PTR27-34071

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I had high hopes for this wheel but now thats gone...Why can't toyota make a good 20inch chrome wheel or a chrome wheel at that? Thats all i want is one good looking chrome wheel...The dodge has awesome wheels on there 1500's from the 02-05 and 06-07 models. Surely with all these bad a$$ designs they could come out with a decent looking chromer...;)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Anyone else think these are ugly or is it just me?

·
Registered
52 Posts
We just got a bright red CrewMax in yesterday with the 22" TRD wheel and tire option on it. As soon as it gets cleaned up and on the showroom floor, I'll post some pictures of it. It looks great!

Give me a few hours.

Grant

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not my taste but thanks for the info guys.I would rather get a aftermarket wheel.I like the dick cepek wheel with black gloss and machine finish with some aggressive radial off road tires.I want to get them in 20" and 33" tires if they fit.I wonder if 35" would fit with no lift?I definately dont want to lift my truck just give it a more aggressive looking stance with bigger and wider tires.Just need to know how wide and big i can go without rubbing on a 4x4 crewmax with off road package.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts