Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took delivery last night on my Tundra DC 5.7 4x4, I dont know if I am just use to Chevy trucks and there normal sounds, but this is what is going on, in Drive mode at 35 to 45 mph I get a vibration all through the truck, even on braking at these speeds, above this I dont feel it, I tried the shift manual method and still felt it, I have felt what a tire out of ballance feels like and this is not the same, Could it be the drive shaft, or transmission, I called the dealer and described the problem, they pulled another truck off the lot and called back saying that it did the same thing, but not that strong like what I described. But they advised they would take care of me, any one have any other ideas what it could be, and by the way I will never go back to Chevy, I LOVE THIS TRUCK, It felt good not having to look for lower price Diesel fuel today. Thanks

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Check the obvious things first.

1. Tires are properly inflated
2. All lug nuts are tight
3. Tires are balanced
4. Emergency brake is 100% disengaged

Sounds to me more like a drive shaft out of balance. :confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Did you not test drive this truck before you signed the papers? You shouldn't be getting any vibration but I am pretty sure its going to be something simple that the dealer should have checked during the inspection process.

There is no vibration at all....I doubt they went out and drove another tundra off the lot.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to me with my 2005 F250 furd, it was the small end of the driveshaft. They ended up replacing the whole driveshaft assembly, as they are balanced as a pair from the factory, or so I was told. Vibration in this case was between 40 and 55 mph, then went away. I think my vibration may have been a little bit less than yours, because I had to go on a test drive with service tech, then he noticed it. But it was an easy fix. Good luck with your truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input I belive it will be something minor, I just wanted to make shure I was not just looking for something to complain about, I have heard good things about the dealer, so i know they will take care of the issue, I just could not belive a new truck from the factory would have a bad drive shaft, but it may have been installed on a Friday close to beer time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My past truck 05 f150(and many other f-150 owners I talked to) had a problem with the e-brake sticking and my dealer told me some were even stuck slightly on right off the car carrier on new trucks that were delivered because they use the e-brake when transporting and it is ON for days at a time and when they are released they dont release all the way even though the realease handle is out, just a thought to mention to your dealer mine would vibrate the whole truck at around 40 mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts