Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some feed back from people out there that have 2/4 kits.
1 What size rim are u running 22's or 24's
2What size tire are u running with them
3Whats the bigest tire u can run on 24's with out rubbing keep in mind with a 2/4 kit.

This am putting out there to see what you have to say and would like to here what u think iam a pavement pounder if you were in my shoes would u run 22's or 24's
And yes i know this should be over in tires and rims but since no one reads anywere eles really but here i posted it here sorry

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was convinced I wanted 22's but I couldn't get the rims manufactured in that size.

So, I went with a 24 inch rim.

I am VERY happy with how it turned out.

I'll post some better pictures soon.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size tire are you running?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Don't have my 2-4 kit yet, but I am very happy with my 22s in how I drive. I love racing it, but I also like the comfortable ride from STL to Florida and Canada. I think my rubber on the 22s is great and fear 24s a bit based on the lack of rubber you can put on them for our setup.

ColtNasty's truck is very smooth looking!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for you imput. The olny thing that makes me nervous is the fact jersey road suck its like a mine field olny things that hase me guess about 24's

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've got a 2/4 drop with 22's, 305/40. They ride great with no rubbing and room to spare.

·
Registered
753 Posts
4/6" drop with 22x9.5" wheels. 305/40r22 (12" wide). no rubbing. The width would be the killer, not the height.

-Tim

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jason nice job :tu::tu: How hard was it to mount that rear bumper?
Jeep i really like how your truck sits with the 22"s it fills out the wheel wells nice. thats the kinda look i want with the 2/4 kit, but i also dont want to stress about pot holes to much

I was at my boys house today he hase a gmc with 24's on it he took out a temp mesure he went and mesured his rims and tires from ground up it was about 31in then went over to my truck and oddly enough my rim and tires mesured the same as his. I have a limited I fell like i could get away with 24's and a biger tire anyone try this yet? imput is great to hear
:ts:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just two more angles for you, to help you decide...or confuse you more :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:tu::tu:Thanks jeep it does look amazing, what did u use to tint your tail lights ?

·
Registered
753 Posts
:tu::tu:Thanks jeep it does look amazing, what did u use to tint your tail lights ?
"window tint" spray paint from the hobby shop. Its for model cars. Then clearcoat over it.

-Tim

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks looks tits. i think am going to run thouse side skirts that jason hase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts