Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avenue A603

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after months of debating i have decided to throw my lifted truck dreams out the window in favor of going lowered. My truck is an 08 2wd and after seeing some of the lowered trucks on here, I definately am envious. I already have a McGaughy 2/4 kit on order and am stuck in my search for rims.

first question..........which do you suggest, 24s or 26s? The truck is a daily driver but the roads i travel are in fair to good condition so pot holes arent much of an issue.

second question........Which rims do you prefer? Vote and give your reason why. The BZO can only be had in 24 but the other two choices can be gotten in either 26 or 24 sizes.

Please avoid bashing lowered trucks and any aguement about "rubber band tires". Constructive conversation only please. Let the voting commence. Keep in mind that this thread will more than likely determine what wheel ends up on my rig. Links to each rim are below---->

http://www.wheelmax.com/_images/products/BZO-FORTUNE-BK.gif

http://www.doubledubs.com/mkwwheels/avenue/a603_black_machined.jpg

http://www.doubledubs.com/mkwwheels/mkw/m105_black_machined.jpg

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
MKWs look the best! Love my 22s so I would probably go with 24s over 26s!

Definitely post pics after lowering and wheeling it up!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics will definately be the first thing i do after i get em bolted up

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
good choice!! although they both look good in their own right, at least lowering and rims, have a hint of functionality to them.

personally i would go with the BZO rims. but thats all personal preference. 26's look awesome, but 24 is a nice compromise between a big wheel, and still maintaining some comfort on the road. i have 24" BZO elite, and i did lose some drivability comfort, so i imagine it would be even worse with 26's. and if youre lowering the truck, its gonna make that 24 look even bigger anyway. so i dont think you can go wrong with 24's

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump, i need more input!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I thought about dropping my new platinum on some 22's, but I don't see putting 26's on this truck. 24's tops, and I liked the MKW's but I gravitate to the wider 5 spoke designs.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Nippy had a set of 26s on his tundra. He had a whole bunch of great looking pics on this forum. I would do a search for his username and it will provide you with a good basis on how 26s will fit.

I'm not a big fan of bigger wheels, but some look tasteful if done right, and Nippy has done his right. TK also has a nice set of 'em on his truck and they don't look trashy or blingy.

IMO, pick right and don't do it trashy.

Now to look at the links and see if you will be offended by what I said. lol

-rockstate

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any chance that 26s with 305/30-26 tires will rub with the 2/5 drop?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I'd go with the MKW's too in 24. You really need smooth roads for 26's, maybe even 24's. Make sure whatever wheels will still be in production for when your wheels get bent

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you are only going to drop it 2/4 I would do 22's. If you were going to fully dump it I'd say 24's or 26's so you could tuck a lot more rim. Big wheels without a big drop just does not look right to me. It's your ride though so do what you think is cool. Good luck............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am pretty certain I want the mkw's but am still unsure about the size. 24s would be safer and be less likely to warp but 26s just look so good. Plus 26s are right at 800 dollars more. I'm gonna have to flip a coin to decide this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
26s are around 200 more per rim so 24s would be alit easier on my wallet. But I just can't resist the urge to go as big was possible. Anyone else got any input that could persuade me one way or the other?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I say 26's for sure.My truck lowered 2/4.5 on 26's 305/30/26 actually rides smoother than my truck did on stock 20's and stock height.I have 26" BZO Elites.I have color matched inserts but never installed them yet.My vote is 26's tho lol...You could say im Biased...
Charles

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've got 22 on my and I have a 2/4 drop and there's alot of space still left. I use my for work and play so the 22's did my alright but if I was using it to play only, as long as they don't rub 26's would be tight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im swapping my wheels out in a month or so.Putting some chrome/Color matched 26" Lexani LX6's on....Should look a bit better i think!!!!
Charles

1 - 20 of 32 Posts