Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there replaced their stock 265/65/17 tires on their Tacoma Sport DC. I really like the factory wheel on my truck, but I want to replace these crappy tires with a B.F. Goodrich AT. Local discount tire says the closest size is the 265/70/17. Will this tire rub or is there enogh room so it will fit o.k.? Also, I really wish that Toyota offered us Taco owners more tire and wheel choices like they do to the new Tundra.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Has anyone out there replaced their stock 265/65/17 tires on their Tacoma Sport DC. I really like the factory wheel on my truck, but I want to replace these crappy tires with a B.F. Goodrich AT. Local discount tire says the closest size is the 265/70/17. Will this tire rub or is there enogh room so it will fit o.k.? Also, I really wish that Toyota offered us Taco owners more tire and wheel choices like they do to the new Tundra.

they will fit perfectly with no rubs! Lots of people with the 17" rims go to that size. I will be going to that when i need new tires. You wont have any problems.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) That's good to hear as I don't want to lift the truck. The only thing I might consider is a leveling kit in the front. Would you happen to know what the correct leveling height is?

·
Registered
157 Posts
:) That's good to hear as I don't want to lift the truck. The only thing I might consider is a leveling kit in the front. Would you happen to know what the correct leveling height is?
for just a level, i believe people will use a spacer for the front. i think the 1.25" daystar spacer evens it out the closest. I am a little iffy on spacers though. If you are going to do a top mount spacer i wouldnt go with anything larger than 1/2 an inch. This will give you 1 inch of lift in the front. You should be fine with the daystar, i have seen a few with it and they have had no problems with the front leveling spacer. Toytec also has a spacer 05-07 Tacoma Shopping Cart for Toyteclift.com they say theirs will give 3/4" of lift. I dont personally have a leveling spacer so i couldnt say for sure which size will level it the most even.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 265/70/17 toyo open country a/t's on a 17x8 helo maxx 6's. They scrub a little on the mud flap but i do believe that the stock wheels have a different offset or backspacing...not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts