Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 06 DC. . trying to get er sorted. .

tires are bald so i figured i'd go ahead and do a leveling (lift) as well. .

should i go with the middle setting or the 4th setting? seem like the middle setting would be smoother on road. . isn't quite as firm as the 4th setting? anyone have pics? also do i need a diff drop with this amount of increased angle?

Also considering doing an aal in the rear as well. . wheelers or icon probably. .

links also appreciated

thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
You won't need any lift at all in the front to manage the 265/70-17 without rubbing (depending on specific tire, flex and amount of sag) in almost all cases. Thus I would only recommend going up 1 notch, which should be about 3/4" lift, on the 5100's and that is it. No diff drop or axle issues to worry about with that mild of a lift.

I run the roadster active suspension on my last two Tundras and I REALLY like it compared to adding a leaf (which I have also done). I have my rear leveled with about 1/2" of lift with this setup and it handles additional loading really well. A full length AAL with a leaf "re-arch" at a local shop could be a good solution too if you really need clearance.

Otherwise I would recommend leaving the rear alone, leveling front on 1st notch and running the 265/70 and see how you like it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just did my entire ft end shy UPSs & L UBJ(likely first to get new one I have installed. Just had to complete job so could drive again...), they still had tightness no sign of impending failure though will get SPC UCAs/Susp Maxx sway links once $$$ come in again.
I did my pre alignment & it is now tracking perfect, 0.042 tow and cams set to near original marks with 5100s on 3rd.
Have new 265/70/17 Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 LT All-Season LT265/70R17 121/118S Tires/Charcoal Reman Tundra rim's already mounted, ready at balance/align scheduled.
Can't wait to see before/after specs to my eyeballing!
She is driving almost better than new when I got her 9/05.
It as a real thorough build and now pays off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts