Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 06 DC. . trying to get er sorted. .

tires are bald so i figured i'd go ahead and do a leveling (lift) as well. .

should i go with the middle setting or the 4th setting? seem like the middle setting would be smoother on road. . isn't quite as firm as the 4th setting? anyone have pics? also do i need a diff drop with this amount of increased angle?

Also considering doing an aal in the rear as well. . wheelers or icon probably. .

links also appreciated

thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
You won't need any lift at all in the front to manage the 265/70-17 without rubbing (depending on specific tire, flex and amount of sag) in almost all cases. Thus I would only recommend going up 1 notch, which should be about 3/4" lift, on the 5100's and that is it. No diff drop or axle issues to worry about with that mild of a lift.

I run the roadster active suspension on my last two Tundras and I REALLY like it compared to adding a leaf (which I have also done). I have my rear leveled with about 1/2" of lift with this setup and it handles additional loading really well. A full length AAL with a leaf "re-arch" at a local shop could be a good solution too if you really need clearance.

Otherwise I would recommend leaving the rear alone, leveling front on 1st notch and running the 265/70 and see how you like it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just did my entire ft end shy UPAs & L UBJ(likely first to get new one I have installed. Just had to complete job so could drive again...), they still had tightness no sign of impending failure though will get SPC UCAs/Susp Maxx sway links once $$$ come in again.
I did my pre alignment & it is now tracking perfect, 0.042 tow and cams set to near original marks with 5100s on 3rd.
Have new 265/70/17 Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 LT All-Season LT265/70R17 121/118S Tires/Charcoal Reman Tundra rim's already mounted, ready to balance/align s.
Can't wait to see before/after specs to my eyeballing!
She is driving almost better than new when I got her 9/05.
It as a real thorough build and now pays off.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did my entire ft end shy UPSs & L UBJ(likely first to get new one I have installed. Just had to complete job so could drive again...), they still had tightness no sign of impending failure though will get SPC UCAs/Susp Maxx sway links once $$$ come in again.
I did my pre alignment & it is now tracking perfect, 0.042 tow and cams set to near original marks with 5100s on 3rd.
Have new 265/70/17 Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 LT All-Season LT265/70R17 121/118S Tires/Charcoal Reman Tundra rim's already mounted, ready at balance/align scheduled.
Can't wait to see before/after specs to my eyeballing!
She is driving almost better than new when I got her 9/05.
It as a real thorough build and now pays off. View attachment 152246 View attachment 152247 View attachment 152248
So you did just the 5100's on 3rd notch and tires? How much have you driven it so far? im curious if i'll need cv boots at the 3rd notch. I'd like to install my billsteins in about two weeks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I replaced everything suspension, bushing, ball joints, LCAs, links, tie rods, Cam Adj Bolts.
And the 3rd notch has the all stock OEM or equivalent sitting Perfect.
Be careful squeezing those springs!
I am going to change Boots when I need new wheel bearings if I must but not because of 3rd notch use on the new 5100s.
DO NOT CHANGE TIRE SIZE IN SIDEWALL HEIGHT.
I went to 265/70/17s on reman stock Toy rims and it rubs rear of frnt wheel wells/mud flap on full turns. I thought I had seen those would fit according to Wheelsize.com, but I looked again elsewhere & was wrong...major suck.
I am removing the 2" Spacers to see if it tucks better. Also, went to a Shotshow Shop with the new $100K Hunter Alignment rack but they screwed up badly so not a ton of driving after.
Before that, the 150 miles on new set up with old tires it ran like a New Lexus!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts