Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was playing around with my new scangauge yesterday and was watching my HP xgauge. I put the peddle to the floor from a stop and in no time at all I watched my HP reading go from about 8 hp at idle on up to 150 then 272 before letting off. I know I have my gauge calibrated correctly, but I'm only supposed to have about 240 HP for my year Tundra I thought. Am I missing something? Maybe it's reading crank HP and the rated 240 is measured from the rear wheels? Or is it possible that these scangauges just aren't all that accurate? I just thought I'd share my findings and if anyone has any input on the subject feel free to share...

Oh, and on a side note, when the peddle was on the floor I noticed that my MPG was reading 9999 instead of 0 which leads me to believe that maybe something is wrong with my guage or something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well, I doubt the HP reading is that accurate. It might be repeatable, which would mean you can compare power numbers when you make modifications, but I doubt its very accurate as far as power numbers are concerned.

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
I think something might be wront if it reads 9999 at wot. mine only reads that with my foot off the gas. As far as horsepower goes, I played with it the first day I had the scangauge, and never again. I was getting numbers like 370, 322, ect on my 05. I dont think the horsepower is accurate at all. I thought I had read that it calculates it by using your displacement and the amount of fuel used to come up with horsepower but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, seriously all you have to do is play with how many gallon of gas is used, & preso the HP can raise the sky, or drop low.
your HP to be almost accurate, your gas gallons used needs to be correct.
the only true way is dyno. than figure in your tires & rim size, etc& it will tell you what you have.
gorilla

·
Registered
567 Posts
you mean my truck does not really put out 475 hp! j/k hahahaha

Andrew

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, the MPH doesn't go past 99 either, whats that about?
i have to contact as soon as i have time.
i found the box, & bill, & booklet.
i will contact them today.
i want to know what questions any of you have,if any???????
i will ask them in 1 call.
the call will be made by approx. 12noon today florida time zone.
gorilla

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi i emailed them
i asked a few questions,
including the 99mph it says it goes to 158mph.
also asked about tranny temp gauge?
etc.
waiting on response's,
gorilla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts