Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some 275/55/20 tires put on my deep six wheels on my 2006 Tundra xsp yesterday. The truck has no lift or spacers. I'm getting a just little rubbing at full turn in reverse and a little at full turn forward. Should I worry about this too much? I do very little off-roading...mostly highway, but I definitely don't want to do any damage to the truck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you have it at full crank going in or out of a driveway you could catch a fender. There have been a few threads here where
tires sizes have been addressed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just put the same size on my deep sixes and get rubbing. It's only in the front driver side tire and it is only when the steering wheel is turned completely to the left so the edge of the tire closest to the cab is rubbing the mud guard and the frame. I get no rubbing from the other side. If you look in the wheel well, you should be able to tell where it is hitting.

I may have to remove or reduce the mud flap, but I dont think it is doing any damage. I would be careful though to not let it rub in reverese because the tread could catch pull the mud flap or fender off, depending on where it is hitting.

CB.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anybody get any pics with the 275/55/20 on the deep 6? I want to try this size, but something is telling me to go 285/50/20.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anybody get any pics with the 275/55/20 on the deep 6? I want to try this size, but something is telling me to go 285/50/20.

Here you go...

275/55/20 on the BBS wheels.

I have not noticed any rubbing yet on my stock setup.

<TUNDRA>

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the pic....looks like you have similar tires to what I was thinking about. I read somewhere on here not to get Falken, but they make a nice looking 285/50R20 that has a nice look to it. Lots of choices on tires and everyone has their own opinions. Anyone have any ideas on the following?
Dueler A/T Revo 2
Falken Rocky Mountain ATS
Destination A/T
I don't want just a street tire, but would like a nice look also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Falcon...didn't see your post till after I posted my response...but damn those look nice....maybe just changed my mind! I am def going 275/55 instead....did you trim your mud flaps?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've not trimmed yet. Still rubs a little, but nothing I am concerned about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts