Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about this size for my next tire instead of the 305/50 since I'm going to stick with the factory 20x8 wheel. Does anyone by chance have a picture of this size on a Tundra? Just wondering how the proportions work out - I know it's one inch taller but was curious if someone had a picture.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm thinking about this size for my next tire instead of the 305/50 since I'm going to stick with the factory 20x8 wheel. Does anyone by chance have a picture of this size on a Tundra? Just wondering how the proportions work out - I know it's one inch taller but was curious if someone had a picture.

Thanks a lot!

Here's my 2010 with limited 20's . I went with 275 60 20. I also have the toytec 3/1 level kit

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Stugots,
Did you lose MPG and/or speedometer calibration when you went from a 275/55/20 to a 275/60/20? How much taller is the 60 than the 55? Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
3/1 lift on Platinum Wheels with 275/60r20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's

View attachment PlatinumWheels.bmp

Lost some MPG due to heavier tires (55's were D-rated, 60's were E-rated). I think the tire weight was the factor; each was about 20-lbs heavier. I calculate the MPG by hand, I would add another 3% due to the taller tire.

·
Registered
819 Posts
3/1 lift on Platinum Wheels with 275/60r20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's

View attachment 60312

Lost some MPG due to heavier tires (55's were D-rated, 60's were E-rated). I think the tire weight was the factor; each was about 20-lbs heavier. I calculate the MPG by hand, I would add another 3% due to the taller tire.

Havens77...what is your MPG before/after installation of the 60/20? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doing the math for the 275/55R20

(275 mm x 55% x 2) /25.4mm/in = 11.9" then add the 20" for the wheel in (+20") and you have 31.9"

Do the same thing for the other tire size:

(275 mm x 60% x 2) / 25.4 mm/in = 12.99. Then, adding the 20" wheel in, you're at 33"

Edit: Aaaaaand I lost the quote somewhere along the way. Someone asked the question up there somewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Havens77...what is your MPG before/after installation of the 60/20? Thanks!
I would say that I lost a solid 2-mpg (reason possibly being the heavier tires combined with changing from highway to all-terrain and a 3/1 lift, but I could definitely be wrong). My case may be unique though and, again, I have the 4.6. Somewhere around that time I installed a Volant CAI, but I don't think that should have hurt the fuel efficiency at all.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would say that I lost a solid 2-mpg (my best suspicion is that it is the heavier tires combined with changing from highway to all-terrain and a 3/1 lift, but I could definitely be wrong). My case may be unique though and, again, I have the 4.6. Somewhere around that time I installed a Volant CAI, but I don't think that should have hurt the fuel efficiency at all.
Well...those that have installed the 5100s or 3/1 kit and went with a 275/65/20 tire are reporting a loss of 3 - 4 MPG...so around 2 for the 60/20 sounds about right.

Makes it tough to do a mod with gas prices what they are these days...knowing that it will continuously cost you money, but it sure does look awesome!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
819 Posts
BTW...how many miles do you have on your Cooper tires and how is the highway ride (noise and ride quality)? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
2.5" Front leveling kit with 275/60/20 Cooper Discoverer AT3s.....couldn't be happier. Acutally gained .5mpg around town but lost a little bit on the hwy mpg. These are LT rated truck tires.
after.jpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
ABAD08TRD...Any idea how much you lost on the highway? Which kit did you use for the front?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bought some billet aluminum spacers off of Ebay.....I've done this type of lift to 3 different Gen2 Tundras of mine with great success. I probably lost 1.5-2 mpg on the hwy...I was getting 17.4 on the way to work this morning. The spacers usually run between $65-$80 + Labor + Alignment (which I would have Toyota do = $69 +/-).....it's a great, inexpensive way to get it to look great! The tires were around $650, they ride great and have a very deep tread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts