Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the setup that was on my used 07 DC Tundra when I bought it.
Front 255/70/18 Bridgestone Duelers
Rear 275/70/18 Continental Contitrac TR's
I want to know if I can match the rear 275/70/18's up front so I will be able to rotate them going forward. The truck isn't lifted.
Also, the outter edges of the front tires are bald, but the rest of the tire looks a lot better. Will alignment/balance once the new tires are on fix this or is there something worse going on here?
THANKS!

·
Registered
181 Posts
i run 275/70R18 all the way around and there are no problems, actually love it, because it looks like it fills the wheel well.

no rubbing excepts on FULL turn while simultaneously going over a bump, not very often haha

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got the same set up installed on mine, but i had to remove the front mud flaps...the 1/2 ones that attach to the front bumper. Oh and i have an LRO leveling kit installed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I ran that size tire before my lift and with factory wheels had no issues with rubbing what so ever. If you have wear on the outside of your tires you need to get your alignment checked, new tires will not fix alignment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
255/70r18 overall diameter is about 32.05in 275/70r18 is about 33.15in will fit and is the size i plan to put on my Tundra. If your truck is 4x4 i would go same size all the way around. As for the rounded shoulders on the tires, im guessing its on the fronts and its just from not rotating. Hope this helps. You might check 1010tires they have a tire size calculator i found helpful.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had severe premature wear(2,000 miles) on the outer tread of the factory Bridgestone Dueler tires set to the recommended tire pressure. Two alignments didn't fix a thing. I replaced the Bridgestone Duelers with Firestone Destination A/T tires all around and they are wearing just fine at 25,000 miles. An alignment won't fix POS tires. Check the ratings at tirerack.com for the Bridgestone Dueler HT and you won't be surprised at the uneven wear on your front tires.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am running 285/65/18 on mine for about 65k now (no lift or leveling done) with no interference I have noticed. I will say however, I have noticed a slight cupping on the outside edge recently but am replacing them before the snow flies. I am looking at 305's for which there is an extensive thread already. I am not sure how the 70's will change the aspect....

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
mine came with 255/70/18 all around stock. recently got 275/70/18 all around and i love it. no rubbing at all, and yes you do need an alignment. i wonder why your truck was set up the way it did. i guess the previous owner like the back end higher, i dunno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts