Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know the tire size / leveling kit subject has been beat to death. But I have found a good deal on some BFG AT KO 275/75r18 tires and I need an alignment anyways, so I might as well put a leveling kit on. I did some research and searched on here till I was blue in the face. Since these are about a 34" tire, but only around 11" wide, will I get any rubbing with a 2.5 leveling kit? Why does everybody seem to stick to the standard 285 or 305 sizes? just for the width? any advantages to going with a wider tire? Lastly, does anybody happen to have this tire with pics of it on a 2007 or newer Tundra?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Those will fit...You might need a little trim on the skidplate and maybe a little shaping of the plastic in front of the tires but that size should be perfect. I ran 285/75/18 Toyo Open Country's on mine for a little bit. I actually miss that size. Basically the same size as those KO's you're looking at...Check em out below...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were those pics taken with your toytec leveling kit on the front?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also why do you miss the size? Did you go up or down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet that looks awesome!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I miss that size because I stepped down to the 285/65/18 which is almost 33" diam. I miss that extra inch of diameter. But I do love my KO's too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts