Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to post better pics tomorrow in daylight. The ride is smoother over the stock bridgstones. No rubbing except on front right side of skidplate at full left lock, wire cutter should fix that. These tires measure out to 34.7 x 11.5ish on the 8 inch wide stock rims. Until i can find some sweet rims I'll keep it this way.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
very nice. did you have to use spacers or anything to fit those? do you have a lift? I have a 3" lift in mine and I didn't think yo would be able to fit that size tire.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
That looks nice!!! can't wait for more pictures.:D :tu:

hit em, his sig says he has the Revtek.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice ride. Would you mind PM me with the deal you got? I get so sad every time I see a post from someone in San Diego. I used to live there in the early 90's and I sure do wish I could move back.

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
I'm just wondering how A/T tires could ride smoother than the Bridgestone H/T tires that were on there? Is it because you have more sidewall now?

Just curious...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm just wondering how A/T tires could ride smoother than the Bridgestone H/T tires that were on there? Is it because you have more sidewall now?

Just curious...
I'm curious too. I was told it would not be as smooth as the Bridgestone H/T's.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Would love to see more Pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the price for the Revtek and tires? I would love to do this to my
truck (identical to yours- in super white). PM me? pretty please.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The BFG AT's are amazingly smooth on the highway. I have not had Bridgestones before, but I can't believe they're any smoother. Plus the BFG's rip offroad. Hey Doanlaw - no rubbing on the upper control arm with those tires? Looks great. Regards TI

·
Registered
184 Posts
love the BFG AT KO but hate do an alignment on them. impossible to get the alignment heads on between the rim and tire because of the rim guard that sticks out. i tell customer they need to swap wheels or i can't do an alignment on their trucks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a few more pics. The tires were $325 each from Discount Tire, the Revtek lift was a few hundred, i forget. I screwed up and got the 2.5 inch level kit, don't they make a 3 inch w/1 inch rear block? I'm considering the toytec lift too, not sure, anyone have feedback on the two?

I'll say it again, these tires are smoother than the stock bridgstones, probably due to softer rubber on the treads. The truck tracks better on the highway as well. I definitly noticed the power loss, but I can live with it, I would estimate a 10-20% drop, hoepfully it will come back as the engine breaks in...still fast though.

Surfknobby - no rubby on the upper control arms. The tires slightly rubbed the skid plate on full lock, not any more thanks to some pliers. Where are you in baja?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm in Punta San Carlos, a surf, windsurf, dirt bike spot about 300 miles south of San Diego. I'm going to put a set of those BFG's on my RCSB with the carve 20's after I do the Revtek lift. You got a great looking truck amigo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not to dig up any old posts but I finally found a picture of what I'll do with my truck lift wise. Maybe I'll do a 3" lift in the front with the same tires. The truck I have ordered has the same 20" rims too so this works out. Nice truck! Figured folks out there would like to see this post...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any noticeable change in gas mileage by any chance? I'm going with the same setup as soon as my wheels get here!

Thanks, Tom

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Here's a few more pics. The tires were $325 each from Discount Tire, the Revtek lift was a few hundred, i forget. I screwed up and got the 2.5 inch level kit, don't they make a 3 inch w/1 inch rear block? I'm considering the toytec lift too, not sure, anyone have feedback on the two?

I'll say it again, these tires are smoother than the stock bridgstones, probably due to softer rubber on the treads. The truck tracks better on the highway as well. I definitly noticed the power loss, but I can live with it, I would estimate a 10-20% drop, hoepfully it will come back as the engine breaks in...still fast though.

Surfknobby - no rubby on the upper control arms. The tires slightly rubbed the skid plate on full lock, not any more thanks to some pliers. Where are you in baja?

Cheers.
Thanks for the additional pics. Those tires look mean. I'd like to have a little more offset on the stock wheels so they sit out a little wider, but I guess I can accomplish that with wheel spacers also...

I was checking out your 4Runner specs. Looks nice, are you a member of T4R.org?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have additional pics of BFG 285/65/20 on stock rims???

Torn between a wider BFG 305 @33+ inches or the narrower BFG 285 @34+ inches with Truxx lift on a 08 Crewmax. I will use OEM rims. Pics, experiences with either tire would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Isn't there a 285/75/18(35") TA KO out now?? I think brow has this size on his truck...I haven't seen pics but this is what his sig says.:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts