Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tundra world, as my first post here and after tons of looking around on this forum and others I can never seem to find a straight up answer so I figured I would post.

I was just in havasue and the world decided that I needed to get a non repairable flat tire. Anyway I was running 265/65/r17 before on my 2005 double cab and I think it is time to step it up.

Anyway here come the 3 questions.

1. Will a 285/70/r17 tire mount on the stock wheel?

2. If I add a 3'' fat bob's garage level lift will it fit bf goodridge at or dyapro mt without rubbing?

3. if not would a wheel spacer help to run the 285's? Any idea on size?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 4wd DC. I have a spacer type leveling kit with blocks on the back. LT285/70/17 BFG AT KO will rub on the UCA on full lock turns. Spacers would eliminate UCA rub, but MAY cause a rub on the mud flap, maybe, it would be very close. BTW, anyone want to trade BFG 285's for 265's, mine have about 10k on them? Buying a 5,000lbs trailer and the 285's cause a noticibale decrease in power. Epecially when trying to maintain 70mph with a trailer behind you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
you can get a 1.25" wheel adapter from www.spidertrax.com and will need to remove front mudflaps. look in gallery for pictures of set up you described.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Tundra world, as my first post here and after tons of looking around on this forum and others I can never seem to find a straight up answer so I figured I would post.

I was just in havasue and the world decided that I needed to get a non repairable flat tire. Anyway I was running 265/65/r17 before on my 2005 double cab and I think it is time to step it up.

Anyway here come the 3 questions.

1. Will a 285/70/r17 tire mount on the stock wheel?

2. If I add a 3'' fat bob's garage level lift will it fit bf goodridge at or dyapro mt without rubbing?

3. if not would a wheel spacer help to run the 285's? Any idea on size?
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes (go spidertrax 1.25 - you only need to do the fronts but I'd do the backs as well.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts