Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've followed all the threads on this but can't figure out these bolts. Somebody mentioned here (or another Tundra forum site) that there are a few unique bolts and these might be them and so I'm asking here. It's where the x60 side attaches to the x40 side.

I'm removing the x60 back seat of my 2016 DC to install a fridge and have all the bolts off but these torx (T50 it appears) are either locked somehow or I'm too much of a sissy to get them off. Tried an impact driver (manual style) and they won't budge. Is there a trick? I've also tried a big torx socket wrench with no luck, except gouging the sheet out of my finger when it slipped.

Bolt in the pics. There are two that appear to be the same, only one is pictured.

If this specific question has been answered feel free to link - thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posting the solution in case anyone else encounters this:

The problem = sissy. I bought a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter for my breaker bar and that did the trick. Bolts were tight as hell and wouldn't budge with a reg socket wrench, and the manual impact driver didn't have enough room to purchase a good whack. Breaker bar did it, but still almost stripped the torx heads. They are threaded the standard rotation.

I found the x60 seat to not be heavy, but awkward.

Dometic CFX75DZ fridge fits perfectly. On to the next steps of securing and powering it.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
7 Once.jpg I was working with my compadre that wanted the seat belts removed from his new Chevy. We worked our A$$ off trying to break loose those Torx headed fasteners but they finally gave up and we removed them. Something tells me the manufacturers use some sort of LOCTITE at the time of manufacturing the vehicle.
Good luck ~ I hope you don't strip the heads of those fasteners in the process.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I thought there might be some of that stuff on there, but didn't think it would be that tough. Didn't see any residue on the threads either. Oh well. Point is: just try harder :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts