Toyota Tundra Forums banner

2nd Gen Sequoia Off-road Rear Bumper

15K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  KuyaC 
#1 ·
I need to get serious about a rear bumper solution. I keep dragging the rear end on obstacles, and more importantly, I’m concerned about damaging my full-sized spare that’s wedged underneath. Also, I’d really like to get the fuel and/or water cans off my roof for lots of reasons. And, I need a cool place to hang my Trasharoo. Accessories, accessories…

So, I've got a couple options in mind, and have been meaning to post a thread about it.

There's a top-notch fab shop in Chandler, AZ called RPM Fabrication (rpmfab.com) that makes a sweet double swingout for 4Runners that they're open to "super-sizing" if we can get enough legit interest. See an example at Gen 5 Toyota 4Runner Rear Bumper
Spoke to the owner, and he said if we could get 5 buyers, ready to go with money in hand (I’m not sure he necessarily requires payment up front, but maybe a down payment), he'd take on the engineering and manufacturing. Pricing would likely be in the $3000 range, powdercoated with spare tire swingout, and ladder swingout with dual Gerry can holder.

I also have a different shop doing my sliders that may be an option to build a “baja-style” tube rear bumper with swingouts, and have another lead I’m following up on.

All that said, anyone have other solutions or vendors in mind?
If you have interest (and money to spend) in the RPM option, let me know.

See less See more
#14 ·
I haven’t made any progress. Admittedly, I haven’t made it a financial priority, but more than that, I’m really questioning the added weight. I plan to have a “Baja style” or “hybrid” front bumper fabricated late summer, and might have the same guy do a similar styled rear bumper. It won’t be production, but should be a lot lighter than the plate steel.

That said, if there’s enough interest in seeing if RPM will do one, I’m happy to help facilitate, and I may get on the bandwagon if it’s not too heavy. Their work is really top shelf.

Hey everyone, Refer back to my original post, and if that’s something you’re interested in for this fall, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Here is my want list;
- Back up camera and park sensor integration
- Dual swing arm w/ hold open
- Left arm; dual jerry can, maxtrax mount, hi-lift mount, camp table
- Right arm; spare tire w/ trasharoo and table
- Tow hooks
- Baja Designs S2 cutouts
- Powder coat
- License plate w/lights
- powder coat options

These options are similar to what C4 Fab and CBI offer.

#18 ·
Sup! Just saw this post been searching everywhere for a steel panel bumper replacement option for my rear bumper as well. If it’s still available...

Would there be an option for a Blind Spot Monitor hole cut out/mount?

Or option with/without swing out spare carrier?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.