Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 40 section of my 60/40 second row seat shakes very noticeably in my 2003 sequoia with 63k miles. It has done this since I bought it with 54k miles. The dealer says they cannot find anything wrong with it. Balancing the tires helps for a few weeks but the shake always comes back. I have replaced shocks on all corners and recently put on a new set of tires. The shake is still there. It is VERY annoying. Other than this problem, I absolutely love my Sequoia. Anybody else experience this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can tell you what happened to me on my '02, I found that the little rubber foot was missing. When you tip the seat up, for 3rd row loading, there is supposed to be a round rubber foot screwed onto the bottom of the seat corner, closest to you as you stand next to the seat. I found mine missing one day, who knows how long it had been missing. The seat was rather wobbly without it. Anyway, I replaced it from the dealers parts counter, it was about $10 bucks. I hope this helps, so you can stop worrying and enjoy your Sequoia! Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! My rubber foot is still there. In fact, the base of the seat appears very secure and stable. The shake/rattle comes from up high in the seat back near the headrest. If I fold the seat back down then the vibration/noise goes away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've noticed some rattling from the back seat in my '03 as well. I think it's the metal clasp that secures the fold over seat rattling against the bar it hooks onto. It's mainly a problem over jarring bumps, but never when someone is sitting there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts