Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just registered my new (to me) 2006 Toyota tundra, regular cab v-6 auto. The lady punched in the VIN and it came back as a 3/4ton....which means I will have to get emissions every year.....Has this happened to anyone else?????

·
Registered
756 Posts
I wonder if she typed it in wrong? In R.I. any truck is concidered commerical. The same plate on my 01 impala cost $38 every 2 years. Traded it in on my truck and it's now $58 every year. DMV is just another place to get nickled and dimed to death. On a side note I JUST PAID OFF MY 05 DC TRD 4x4!!! waahooo......:beavbutt:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$58 for one year....mine was $158 for one year...ridiculous....and look how much nicer your is .......yours would be $258 here probably

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Yea mine is about that too here in co and mine is a 2002.

·
Registered
756 Posts
$58 for one year....mine was $158 for one year...ridiculous....and look how much nicer your is .......yours would be $258 here probably
that is just for the plate, it's another $48 a year for safety and emittions, $660 a year in property taxes and $135 a month for insurance. Sorry for high jacking your thread chuck, back to the subject...3/4 ton tundra's...

·
Registered
330 Posts
in quebec, canada, we have to pay a flat rate of 250$ per year for any personal use vehicle, if its over 3.9l motor, for every 10th of a litre you pay 25$ more per year, so for my 4.7 i pay 425$ per year.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
while i find it interesting and informative what others pay for registration :), I am wondering about the 3/4ton aspect on my title....Has anyone had this happen and how did how fix it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
while i find it interesting and informative what others pay for registration :), I am wondering about the 3/4ton aspect on my title....Has anyone had this happen and how did how fix it.
sorry dude, my bad..

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
uhhm bring from dealership print out or owners manual and show them its 1/2 ton. Its nowhere 3/4 even though its possible to load that much. I had 2200lbs in the bed a month ago. Almost hit rubber stops but it was for 6 miles only. :eyebrows:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts