Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can people that purchased Tundra's in the last few month's at higher APR's go back to the dealer and try to refinance through there deal to the rates that came out today? Isn't it possible that someone bought a truck yesterday at 3.9, 4.9 or 5.9 and today they are learning that Toyota just came out with 0%, 1.9% and 2.9%. Can you do anything about this?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Can people that purchased Tundra's in the last few month's at higher APR's go back to the dealer and try to refinance through there deal to the rates that came out today? Isn't it possible that someone bought a truck yesterday at 3.9, 4.9 or 5.9 and today they are learning that Toyota just came out with 0%, 1.9% and 2.9%. Can you do anything about this?
no. if they went up this month, you wouldnt expect to pay the increase either. It is always just like playing the lotto. I had a ton of folks that waited until april to buy their prius and the 0% ended. I tried to tell them but they thought it would continue. You win some you lose some. I bought a camry last month at 6.9, And it went down to 5.9 today. So I am in the same boat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:eek: wow....hold the phone.... this is news to me. Is this a national finance incentive plan or limited to certain areas. Tell me more....my new crewmax (slate/limited/4x2/trd dual exhaust/20 inch wheels/stainless steel running boards) is scheduled for delivery bwtween may 2 and 7th. This would be icing on the cake. :tu: :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm... I signed yesterday deal for 5.9% but they still have no truck yet. Can I get new loan for 2.9%? Again, truck not delivered yet.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
How did you finance a truck that hasn't been delivered yet? You have the VIN and everything in the deal? Or, is the financing not from Toyota? I guess the question is can you back out of the financing you just signed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, they got VIN for truck I ordered but not truck. Actually, they told me truck will be delivered on Apr 23 -24, but that never happend. They called me yesterday, and said we need to sign all papers becase it was last day of current incentives and APR may jump up for May. So I did. They still have no truck yet. I think I can back up.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Wow. They actually called you up to sign before the month ended. Hopefully, that just gets your foot in the door just in case rates went up. I mean, how would the factory know if you walked out the deal but bought another truck (OK, the same truck) a week later? Perhaps you walked on the deal and then changed your mind.

Did you actually buy the truck already? Is that even possible? That would seem to be a key question. I hope you keep us posted on this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm going to call dealer tomorrow morning. If they refuse to change loan I'll call regional sales manager.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think a better approach may be to cancel the financing entirely and tell them you will pay with a check on delivery. Then at delivery, whenever that is, you suddenly say "Oops! I don't have the money in my account. It looks like I'm going to have to finance." :rolleyes:

I know...I know...it's brilliant

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
All good things come to those that wait! I only wish I had been one to wait. But, being of the instant gratification type, I wanted my Tundra now. Well my need for instant gratification cost me $2778.60 in interest. All those cool things I could have added to my truck!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
All good things come to those that wait! I only wish I had been one to wait. But, being of the instant gratification type, I wanted my Tundra now. Well my need for instant gratification cost me $2778.60 in interest. All those cool things I could have added to my truck!!!!

Yes, I paid the 3.9% for 36 months but these things happen. I had such a hard time getting the color and options I wanted that the finance rate was secondary. I have to say though that I am surprised they are putting the 0% on the Crewmax. Every report I have seen or heard is that they are flying off the lots and a ton of people are waiting for them. I have to wonder if Toyota is concerned people will quit buying them because of the increased cost of gasolene?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, they got VIN for truck I ordered but not truck. Actually, they told me truck will be delivered on Apr 23 -24, but that never happend. They called me yesterday, and said we need to sign all papers becase it was last day of current incentives and APR may jump up for May. So I did. They still have no truck yet. I think I can back up.
As long as you haven't driven the truck off the lot you don't own it yet. Ask them to redo the paper work with the new APR. It might get tricky if they've already RDR'd the car sold to Toyota though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think a better approach may be to cancel the financing entirely and tell them you will pay with a check on delivery. Then at delivery, whenever that is, you suddenly say "Oops! I don't have the money in my account. It looks like I'm going to have to finance." :rolleyes:

I know...I know...it's brilliant
Sweet Idea. You know that this will work as they have already approved the loan. This is like my buddy that "buys" a flatscreen somewhere for the bowl games and Super Bowl. Visit his house after the Super Bowl and he is watching his 25" RCA again.

Could be worse, I knew a guy in SC that bought a Ram in 2005 then about 3 weeks later that came out with like an $8500 cash back on his truck. He was PO'd to put it nicely.

·
Registered
117 Posts
O, I could have told everyone this would happen. I just took delivery of my DC last Thursday, so I knew the rates would go down. Yes, yes. You're all welcome :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
With both Ford and Chevy are offering 0% for 60 months, Toyota had to respond. 2.9% @ 60 months isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Spoke with dealer this morning. After some pressure he said they redo my loan to current APR. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts