Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like always my plans for a big lift are falling through. I may have to just settle for a 3'' coilover lift. My questions are, can I get away with 35's on a 3'' lift with a 0mm offset rim with 35's? (True 35's) If not, will fiberglass help? Or is its just the body mount I have to worry about more then the fenders? If fiberglass will help with fitting the 35's, will 37's fit? I know its a long shot but just thought id ask and get some input.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
please dont put the glass fenders on. they look horrible, fit poorly and are wavy. id rather see u drive stock than do that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i personally like them, i know a lot, and i mean a lot of people dont like them. but imo they make the truck look very aggressive. which is what i like along with tires sticking out of the fenders. which is another reason i like the fiberglass, it cancels out having to put on fender flares... i like the pocket flares with the rivets around the edges but id rather have the fiberglass to be able to fit bigger tires and have more room for travel.

but everyone has their own taste and i respect that. just tryin to see what will work with my setup and my lack of funds... haha

·
Registered
194 Posts
0mm offset will definetly not work. If your going to invest a bunch of money in fiberglass fenders, why not invest in a decent set of wheels? P.S. fender flares are definetly not going to give you any additional clearance, they will only help to cover tires that stick out of the fenders. I'm with 07DCwhiteSR5 on this one, dont put em on bro!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
0mm offset will definetly not work. If your going to invest a bunch of money in fiberglass fenders, why not invest in a decent set of wheels? P.S. fender flares are definetly not going to give you any additional clearance, they will only help to cover tires that stick out of the fenders. I'm with 07DCwhiteSR5 on this one, dont put em on bro!

i never said fender flares would give me more clearance. i dont know where u got that from. if your read it right it said, "it cancels out having to get fender flares." Meaning since the fiber glass is flared and rised, it gives more room for travel, and covers more area to protect the sides from rocks and debree.

and because of a 0mm offset i dont have decent wheels? lol sorry bud but when does offset determin how decent the wheels are? on a side note they are procomps 2010 rims that arent even out yet. so im sure they are decent. and fiberglass fenders are only $300. At least the ones im going with. (Mcneils)

but again, this is my personal taste and preference. but i was only goin to use them if they would work with the set up im thinkin about wheter or not other people like them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Your rite "bud" I did read that wrong. But I cant remember the last time I saw a newer tundra with the tires stuffed in the fenders, I mean they do have bump stops to limit the amount of articulation. I'm runnin 35's on a 3 inch lift and I have never came close to rubbin on the inside of the fender. Pocket style fender flares still maintain the same fender lip, you dont get anything other than more coverage on tires that stick out past your stock fenders, and they looks. The fenders may only run $300 but I can promise you that when you go to get them painted your guna shell out a pretty penny. There guna want to blend both front doors and the hood, by the time everything is said and done your guna be in $300 for the fenders and $1,200 for the refinish work/labor. Not exactally cheap when you have a, "lack of funds."

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactly, which is why i wanted to clarify with "helpfull" members if fiber glass would help, not look good. i always heard of body mount and fender well rubbin but no fender rubbin. just wanted to see if it would be an issue with the 0mm offset. and ive seen tires "stuffed" in the fenders plenty of times. and its not that im tryin to stuff tires in my fenders, just tryin to see if its worth gettin 37's now and when i do have the money for a bigger lift i wont need to get bigger tires. but im most likely goin with 35's because i got a good deal on those and its less trouble i have to worry about. and the paintin im not worried about, i got family with a paint shop and the fenders come white anyways so if i did need to save up, at least i could pull that off for a lil bit like most people do whether or not they have a white truck with fiber glass.

so thanks anyways for your opinions. i do appreciate it, but not when your tryin to argue and put down what i like and what i think looks good.
but again, i said its only a maybe as long as it will help with my offset.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 35's with a 3 inch lift
i know some 35's fit with the 3'' lifts, but only with the right offset and tire combo. in my case its goin to be harder because my offset is 0mm. which is goin further out of the fender well than stock. i wouldnt mind rubbing but i dont want it to be devastating to where i have to worry about it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
no need for fiberglass unless you get Long travel, Just get some Camburg coilovers cut body mount no big deal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks dani! now thats the kinda help and answer i was lookin for... haha
i think fiberglass looks amazing with or without long travel. but again was only goin to use it if i needed them for the offset and tires im goin to run. but i guess i wont need them. but i still may get some fiber glass later down the road. =]

btw, saw ur classifieds, tempted to buy but idk yet. those icons are callin my name haha

·
Registered
943 Posts
thanks dani! now thats the kinda help and answer i was lookin for... haha
i think fiberglass looks amazing with or without long travel. but again was only goin to use it if i needed them for the offset and tires im goin to run. but i guess i wont need them. but i still may get some fiber glass later down the road. =]

btw, saw ur classifieds, tempted to buy but idk yet. those icons are callin my name haha

haha yeah Icons are a good shock, Just cut body mount you should be good to go.

here come pics with just coilovers and fiberglass makes truck look whole lot bigger

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
come to think of it the fiberglass fenders might look right at home on a truck with gangsta guns on the grille

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
come to think of it the fiberglass fenders might look right at home on a truck with gangsta guns on the grille
=] my thoughts exactly. Just like I think guns are only for gangstas and not people who do it for a hobby (like truck or car owners who mod) or people who serve our country whether it's in the military or ur local law inforcement right?

And to think before that u were one of the cool guys here on the forum who didn't act like a stereotyping jerk. =]

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hey relax im just pickin on ya. and yes the guns are kinda tacky and gangsta...tasteful enthusiasts or professionals wouldnt be caught with that. but its ur truck, do what u want. we dont care. we just tell our opinion. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
It should fit with some trimming... Andre has that kind of set up but with a -11 offset = crappy wheels :eek: :D. I'm sure he'll chime-in in a bit.

On a side note, if you do get the coilovers, you have to eventually get the UCA's too. When I took Andre's truck to hook up his sounds, I was surprised at how smooth it rode even with his c/o cranked up to fit his 35's.

·
Registered
943 Posts
haha yeah I Wish I had black truck so I get get bronze wheels idk but they are sick to me!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts