Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i was wondering the process of converting the rear end of my 02 tundra to a 3 link or 4 link suspension. what parts do you need and what goes. if there is a post already on my question can u please post me it, i tryed searching it but didnt get any results. thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ive seen kits where you can buy all the components. then its just welding on the mounting brackets and bars to the truck and axel. I don't think it would be too hard. just have to get your angles all right. Never done it though. Also would have to build perches for coil springs. Could probably buy those too.

Are you building a race style truck or whats the reasoning for a 4link?

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
I dont know what you are after but you could look into the budbilt traction bar if you want to reduce axle wrap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya pretty much i have deavers and 16" radflo's in the back, just looking to take it to the next step

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Are you sure you know how to do a complete linked system? It takes a lot of time and knowledge to get the numbers correct. There are link calculators online that can help you out. I was going the link the rear of mine and spent hours taking measurements and running numbers on the calculator until I got the best, ideal numbers. I have them saved if you want to see them, but mine is set up for about 9" of lift with 38" tires.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Start by reading about the 4-link calculator on Pirate, then read at DR about link suspensions for desert trucks. The buggies on Pirate are mostly using what the desert guys call "four bar", the desert trucks (what you're probably looking for) are using a coil carrier and sometimes a bypass mounted off the lower links, but they both usually just call the setup a 4-link inside their own communities. I'm pretty sure you're looking for the latter. How are your fabrication skills? It might be better just to call around for some quotes...and they will be high...and see who is willing to do the cage and mounts for you.

Camburg sells a pair of really nice lower links, out the door for 1400-1500.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sure you know how to do a complete linked system? It takes a lot of time and knowledge to get the numbers correct. There are link calculators online that can help you out. I was going the link the rear of mine and spent hours taking measurements and running numbers on the calculator until I got the best, ideal numbers. I have them saved if you want to see them, but mine is set up for about 9" of lift with 38" tires.
ya let me see your numbers i have a 02 tundra also

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Here were my first numbers.... had too high of a roll axis number

And here was my 2nd attempt..... had the roll axis at 3*. Ideally you want it at 0* for no flex steer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts