Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some feedback on lifting my 04' Toyota Tundra access cab SR5. I wanted to use the 3" Toytec with a 2" body lift. Any recommendations on a good inexpensive body lift??

Also, what else do I need to know regarding the boots, etc.??

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've never seen a 2" BL for our Tundras. Daystar makes a 1" BL and Performance Accessories has a 3" BL.

You can get a custom one made by 4crawler.com (Roger Brown) but you will need to give him all the dimensions. Like bolt length, spacer size, amount of spacers....etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply man!! I did speak with Roger Brown about that before. I just wanted to know if anyone has done the same set-up and if they had pics. Thanks again.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey if you plan on getting a 2" lift from Roger Brown, then hit me up. I would be interested in it. :tu:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He told me they only have a 1" and I inquired about the performance excessories 3" body lift. He told me I can do that but need to cut the bolts down in height (not sure what he meant). I am fairly new to this lift stuff so I am trying to research as much as I can. Where u from??

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hilo. :tu:

Instead of cutting the bolts, I would just buy new shorter grade 8 bolts. Get some nice zinc coated ones to keep them from rusting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more I research the more I am thinking I should just go all suspension with the Tuff Country 4.5" or 5" lift with 32" tires and 16X10 rims. If I go with bigger tires, I can add a body lift like 2" for clearance and less rubbing. Anyone have input on this matter??

What lift does anyone recommend that will last long for a guy who doesn't go offroading a lot but only occasionally?? I wanna make sure the boots don't rip quickly, etc., etc.....

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
The more I research the more I am thinking I should just go all suspension with the Tuff Country 4.5" or 5" lift with 32" tires and 16X10 rims. If I go with bigger tires, I can add a body lift like 2" for clearance and less rubbing. Anyone have input on this matter??

What lift does anyone recommend that will last long for a guy who doesn't go offroading a lot but only occasionally?? I wanna make sure the boots don't rip quickly, etc., etc.....
That's not suspension, it's a drop bracket, but the big thing is the difference between the 4.5" and the 5"...the 5" has a new spindle, whereas the 4.5" has a spindle spacer that's failed on a few trucks.

It's pricey but look at the RCD kit if you want a tall truck. 32" tires will look very small with any of the kits you mentioned, try a 35" tire. You can go bigger if you trim and/or add the body lift but you won't be flexing or rock crawling...but the beach and deep water is fine.

None of the drop brackets will have much effect on CV boots since they keep the control arm geometry close to stock. All you'd need, if you were running the kits at 6", would be a couple hose clamps for the CV boot mod.

How close are you to the MauiBuilt shop?

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Naw I just seen a lotta trucks with a lotta work on them, and that sticker on the back, figured it was a shop. Buddy of mine is from the 808, has one on his truck, I never asked tho...but for all I know it's like those SoCal stickers or Alaska Grown, just a sticker.

You going for the 808 show truck--huge lift, little wide tires--or you looking for capable, even if it's just beach/deep sand/deep water capable?

-Sean

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going more for sand/water/mud stuff not for show. Well, some for show but more capable than anything. I am leaning more towards all suspension lift now than previous posts. What do u think??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts