Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 Tundra DC 4x4 and want to put 22x9 1/2 rims with 305/45/22 tires on it. (probably the Nitto Dune Grappler or the Cooper Zeon LTZ) The truck has a leveling kit on it, so height shouldn't be an issue. I was wondering what offset the rim should be though. Anyone know??
Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gotta do the math man. It depends on what you're looking for. In general, the less positive (and more negative) the offset, the more the wheels are going to stick out and the more it will increase your turning radius. Too much of this and you start hitting the outside of the tire on the lip of the fender. Too much offset in the other direction (more positive) and you get rubbing on inside of the tire with inside of the fender well. In general, you don't want 22" wheels if you want to take this thing off road. From your tire selection, it sounds like you just want a good stance for the road. Try this

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - WWW.RIMSNTIRES.COM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This won't be an off-road truck. I mainly want the stance. I'm wanting to keep the tires under the truck as much as I can without rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts