Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I got a factory recomended size 285 45 22 on my truck but I think it looks to small for my taste. When these runs out Im changing it to a 305 size... I've read in some old post that on some, it interfered with the VSC when you make hard turns etc... Is it true?? Anyone's got the 305 size without any problems in their trucks?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Guys, I got a factory recomended size 285 45 22 on my truck but I think it looks to small for my taste. When these runs out Im changing it to a 305 size... I've read in some old post that on some, it interfered with the VSC when you make hard turns etc... Is it true?? Anyone's got the 305 size without any problems in their trucks?? Thanks
I think with these truck its hit or miss thing if you will have any problems with the VSC going off on you. I am running true 35" and not had any problems with my VSC unless I am truely pushing it on a on or off ramp witch tells me its working like design and I never went to get mine re-calibrated or anything. Also from my reading around here it varies alot by tire brand, maybe its how stiff they are or maybe how much they flex in turns thats causing the system to go off in turns when its not suppose too.

Thats just my .02 doh....

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I don't have any real issues except for that it seems my 305/45/22 Nitto 420s seem to be wearing where the upper sidewall meets the tread. The ride is totally fine and they look great. Gas mileage isn't really affected that much. There is no rubbing and the truck flies........

·
Registered
753 Posts
305/40r22s here and they ride great. no problems.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I have no issues with mine other than the brand I have was out of round. I had a set of continentals that were all out of round and now I have a set of general grabbers with one that is out of round. Both sets of tires are made by continental. I will not be purchasing that brand any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts