Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to the guys @ Revtek they run 305/70R16 on a 16x8 with a 4.5" BS. They did say they had to remove the mud flaps. But no other probs.Oh they Also said they are Mickey Thompson MTZ's. So I think im going to Order mine soon but in a 33/12.50R17 For my DC-1's 17x9 4.5"BS

·
Registered
181 Posts
sounds good. post pics when you get it all installed.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a quick note. I've had the Revtek kit for about 3 years now - bought it from Wheeler's Offroad. At the time I bought mine, they stated that the 285s were the largest that would fit with no problems. I bought 16x8 American Racing rims with 4.5" back spacing with 285s. At full turn, they rubbed the frame - rather annoying. I still have the kit am very satisfied with it (I just took it easy on the real tight turning). As far as I know, the Tundra kit still doesn't come with the front diff. drop spacers like the Tacoma kit does. Without them, a ton of grease flings out of the CV boots. When I talked to them about it, the sent me the spacers for free. I haven't had any problems since.

Now 3 years later I need new tires and also am going with the 305s. I am buying MT Classic IIs rims with 3 5/8s BS. Most folks on this site suggest at least 4" BS with the 3 5/8" even better.

I would also suggest going with the 1.5" add-a-leaf instead of the blocks. I ended up swapping out my blocks for the leafs to handle heavier loads. Slightly stiffer ride, but I liked it better than all the bounce of the stock suspension.

Let me know how things work out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
my moms got that lift on her tundra with 285s there real close to the upper a-arm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the only rubbing I had w/ 285's was on the mudd flaps and i just remolded them w/ a heat gun. The kit i picked up from revtek had the diff. drops in it.. Yeah Revtek did say they do use 285s for the most clearance for offroading but most of them run the 305's

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a hard time believing 305's won't rub. 285's on 16x8's with 4" BS rub on my truck with flaps off on minimal bumps when turning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts