Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first let me say that toyota at the moment is going to fix the issues and has fixed some already but here are what i have had happen and what is going to be fixed.
i'm writing this so that others can check to make sure they don't have these issues.
the first is i took my 07 in for a 30k tune up and oil change. lucky for me the dealer caught that my serpentine belt was cracking bad! so they replaced it under warranty.
this shocked me that it was cracking so soon so have yours checked at 30k.
also i wanted a couple things checked. the tailgate had the crack on one side, the drivers seat was clunking and moving, and the drivers window seal was coming up.
all of these are hopefully going to be fixed. work orders have been written up for everything and the seat was awaiting approval from toyota. it seems that the entitre seat will need to be replaced. i asked how much a new one cost for a limmited with grey leather and heated seat. price! 4,600 so this is another thing that if your even feeling a slight clunk in the seat get it checked while it's still under warranty.
i'm sure these things have been adressed before but it's just another instance of needing to be ontop of things.
my dealer has been more than fair when it comes to all the issues and i will let you know next week when everything is done how it went with toyota.

·
Just Call Me Hank
1,415 Posts
The belt is a known issue and seems to be tied to the tensioner which I believe there is TSB for, just the same it is good to be reminded to check it. Thanks for sharing this info.:ts:

·
Registered
363 Posts
My seat clunk showed up to late at about 38,000 miles. Very annoying. Does it on every start and stop and acceleration and body movement. Seems to be in the seat back. Does anyone know if there is a fix without replacing the seat.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My seat clunk showed up to late at about 38,000 miles. Very annoying. Does it on every start and stop and acceleration and body movement. Seems to be in the seat back. Does anyone know if there is a fix without replacing the seat.
mine does the same thing and was driving me crazy. i had made up my mind that at my 30k i was going to go in with my complaints. i'm sure i will have a couple more by the 35k oil change but we shall see.
i'm going through everything before the 36k bumper to bumper comes up.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
i need to check on my serpentine belts... lets hope they're okay ;) - Regarding the seat, i got the clunk early; i removed the rear seat bolts, installed rubber washers between the rail and the frame n not a sound since (touch wood) - I dont see the need of replacing the seat..

Goodluck anyways and thanks for sharing - Reminds a few of us to check on that

·
Registered
363 Posts
;) - Regarding the seat, i got the clunk early; i removed the rear seat bolts, installed rubber washers between the rail and the frame n not a sound since (touch wood) - I dont see the need of replacing the seat..
Not sure this fix would work for me as there is no play at the seat bolts. My noise eminates from the atriculating part of the seat back. Was this the same for you?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the bench seat. It has been replaced once. It seems to be in the back but also the bottoms clunks also. I tried to take it in and they told me I need to see the Disstrict rep .I' ll have to wait for some more time. if ti keep tension on the seat bottom with the knob on the side of the seat, it seems to help with the seat bottom movement. But the seat back still moves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts