Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys as usual my mind go wondering and i been thinkin bout a new tire and wheel combo later down the line and been thinkin bout 16x12 mickey thompson's classic's with the simulated bead locks or dick cepeks dc1 blacks in 16x12's also and the tire will b the nitto mud grappler in 33x14.5

anyone run a simular combo ????
anyone run the grapplers on our truck is so how u like them ??
how they ride? and wear ??
i love the popped out look !! always have
post the pics if you got em

thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
That will def be a wide tire. You will have to have very little backspacing on your wheels if you want those tires to fit. Not to mention a bit of a lift. You could still get the "popped out look" if you get wheels with low backspacing or spacers but keep a narrower tire. I would think your steering would be sub-par with such a wide tire and the wheels out so far, not to mention some serious stress on the wheel bearings and suspension components. The weight of those tires will also kill your gas mileage as well as give you a noticeable loss in acceleration. Sorry to rain on your parade. :sad3d: However, if you choose to go that route then get some meaner looking tires than the Terra Grapplers :devil:.

·
Registered
16 Posts
this is the exact rim and tire size i want to run on my tundra. but maybe get a little wider rimsmaybe 16x14 or 16x12. if you get any pics of this set up let me know i really wanna see how it would look

·
Registered
524 Posts
You will not be able to run that width of tire without wheels with SUPER little backspacing and some trimming-maybe even fiberglass bulged fenders. Just to wide a tire.

FYI: You dont gain much of anything using such a wide tire unless you have an offroad only truck. If it is mild offroad and mostly street a 285x75x16 would be better, thats 11.3 inches wide.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will def be a wide tire. You will have to have very little backspacing on your wheels if you want those tires to fit. Not to mention a bit of a lift. You could still get the "popped out look" if you get wheels with low backspacing or spacers but keep a narrower tire. I would think your steering would be sub-par with such a wide tire and the wheels out so far, not to mention some serious stress on the wheel bearings and suspension components. The weight of those tires will also kill your gas mileage as well as give you a noticeable loss in acceleration. Sorry to rain on your parade. :sad3d: However, if you choose to go that route then get some meaner looking tires than the Terra Grapplers :devil:.

i hear yea and i wouldnt b running the terra grapplers i would b running the mud grapplers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will not be able to run that width of tire without wheels with SUPER little backspacing and some trimming-maybe even fiberglass bulged fenders. Just to wide a tire.

FYI: You dont gain much of anything using such a wide tire unless you have an offroad only truck. If it is mild offroad and mostly street a 285x75x16 would be better, thats 11.3 inches wide.
yea i know all this , i mean its just ideas and plus it would look realy shick in my opinion and on top that with this idea i hav 305 55 20 that i haven't even mounted as of yet along with 1.5'' spacers all round and the rims i have are 20x8.5'' liquidmetal magma in black with 5 1/4 back spacering , with the 1.5 '' spacer i would have, 3.75'' in back spacing too fit the new tires , which i already have 285 50 on the truck already so it shouldnt b a prob. . . . . . .
so yea i know all about back spacing and all that , thanks for the heads up tho and on the 16x12 i would want 3 75'' basck spacing and still keep my spacers . . . my ball joints would cry i know . . . would look realy sick tho . . . knowing me i would want the mudders but i would end up going practical on how i spend my money . . . .

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea the backspacing is the main thing, I found out the hard way and had to add a wheel spacer to kick the trie out so it wouldnt rub on the control arm. If you are looking for an aggresive tire also check out the Toyo Mudd terrains and the BF Goodrich Mudd terrain KM2 (thats a awsome looking tire)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts