Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in for my pedal recall this Thursday and my warranty is about up. The truck runs great but it's hard not to have the feeling something will happen at 36,001 miles.

I skipped the extended warranty because it's a Toyota. I still feel good about that decision but you never know.

So is there anything you can think of I should have them double check while I'm there?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well...if something is broke have them look at it. if its not broke then theres nothign for them to look at. and yes, the ext warranty, as cheap as they are when you can get them here from handy toyota for the best warranty they offer, is a bad idea not to have one. just look at the air induction pump thread for the cost to repair those and it will pay for itself in one visit. it is a toyota but it is a mechanical thing afteralll...and toyotas arent perfect you know. anything can have problems.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Motor and tranny I wouldn't worry too much about. You've either done the maintenance or you haven't, there are symptoms of a problem or there aren't. If they're operating perfectly to this point they're probably good to go for awhile. I doubt they'd catch really serious problems in a quick checkup if there are no symptoms or codes.

Having dealt with alot of front suspension issues on my last truck, I'd probably start here. Have that front end checked over very thoroughly, as I think one of the bigger weaknesses of modern half-tons is they've gotten so heavy your average modern IFS just isn't heavy duty enough to make it to 50 or 100K with zero problems unless it's pampered. I think IFS is the bigger weakpoint on most modern pickups. Tundra, Dodge, Chevy, WHATEVER. And it's an easy thing for a mechanic to visually check and test while the truck is on the lift for other things.

Other than that mention any funny noises in the driveline or suspension. Too many stories of people here knowing something is wrong at 20K, being too lazy to get it checked, then waiting until 40 thousand to bring it to a dealer's attention cause they just didn't get around to it. And we're shocked when the dealer says you really should have bought it in while the warranty was still in effect. Even if you have no clue what's wrong, listen for symptoms of any problems, try to localize where they're coming from, then mention it. And make sure they document that you mentioned it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do have them look and check the belt at the front of the engine.... Had I done that while under warrantee... I would have saved a little money.....

My belt needed replacing before 45K miles...

Worth checking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts